Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Can't hit irons

Posted by: user369251 | Mon 7th May 2012 14:20 | Last Reply

For some reason, I can't for the life of me work out why all of a sudden I've been unable to hit any of my irons. This has been going on for weeks now, and it's so frustrating. I can't seem to correct it on the range, and I know I'm leaving 10 shots a round out there with duffs or sideways horror slices. Any tips to correct this?

re: Can't hit irons
user80078
Reply : Mon 7th May 2012 19:21

Can only suggest what worked for me in the past. That is to only hit 3/4 strength irons, but take a longer iron on each shot. My balance improved as did the quality of strike. After a few rounds I rebuilt my confidence and slowly got back to normal. Good luck!  .

re: Can't hit irons
user437159
Reply : Mon 7th May 2012 20:37

do what i do. i only ever swing three quarter yet still hit the ball about 230 off the tee. this isn't by choice as flexability isnt my strong pint but i feel slightly more in control (it may not seem that way at times!) your left knee (if your right handed) plays a big part for power and control bring it in at you trigger your downswing. but who am i to speak? im 13 and playingg of 16 ^.^

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top