Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Shape of my divot

Posted by: user16106 | Thu 3rd May 2012 20:44 | Last Reply

Can you deduce anything by the shape of your divot? My divot is almost slice of pizza shaped with the sharp bit pointing away from the target. Would this suggest that my clubs are set up with the lie angle too acute ? Hope this makes sense.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: Shape of my divot
user459944
Reply : Thu 3rd May 2012 21:38

Dave found a couple of bits on Google, dont know if they are any help ??

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/105571/golf_guide/learning_golf_divots.html

http://www.oobgolf.com/content/the+wedge+guy/golf+instruction/5-4035-Reading_Divots.html

i tend to have 3 types of divots, oh bugger, that hurt & hope nobody saw that !!!

user356537
Reply : Thu 3rd May 2012 21:51

Neither guide seems to have much to say about pizza shaped divots!

Mind you, at least you take one.  I always just seem to skim off the grass at root level.  Always feel guilty because it looks a bit messy but I have nothing left to replace other than a handful of grass shavings!

user16106
Reply : Thu 3rd May 2012 21:59

Made some sense. The fact that the point of the pizza is deeper than the grass closer to me indicates im hitting with a toe down club head. I dont know wether to get clubs adjusted, adopt a new swing or get more toppings on my pizza. Cheers tim.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user99350
Reply : Sat 5th May 2012 09:07

Hi Dave, wouldn't worry about that too much. Thank the golfing Gods that it's not the otherway around. There is a lot talked about ball first, turf and ball, skimming as per Richard's reply. I'll settle for any of these but ideally, skimming with faiway woods, at worst ball and turft and only ball and turf with 5 iron upwards. My divots tend to be larger the higher the loft.

user250721
Reply : Sat 5th May 2012 12:45

Dave

Most pro will offer a loft and lie check to see if you need anything adjusted.

I think they would check for free then charge if anything needs to be done. So might be worth a check if you want to make sure.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top