Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hobbs Cross Golf Center

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 30th Apr 2012 01:02 | Last Reply

We have had some horrible weather this last two weeks and today was no different.

Our course was closed due to it being waterlogged!

Early afternoon I was on the phone with my playing partner and he told me he was going to Hobbs Cross to play 9 holes.

I've never played here so I decided to join him.

Well what a delightful 9 hole course this is.

They have a small pro shop/cafe, a driving range, a 9 hole par three course and the main 9 hole course.

The greens, tees and fairways were in a great condition, especially with all the rain we've had.

Bunkers were full of water so I cannot say how they are normally, but looking at the rest of the course I'd say they would be in a good condition in normal play.

The greens, tees and fairways put my golf course to shame.

And to make it even better the twilight rate was £12.20, play as many holes as you want.

I managed to sneak in a full 18 holes so certainly got my moneys worth.

So if you are ever near the M25/M11 junction and you want to play a decent course give Hobbs Cross a try.

It's a perfect place for a beginner/high handicap player.  The course is very open so you can concentrate on playing golf instead of spending your time searching for your golf ball in the rough.

Russ

re: Hobbs Cross Golf Center
user430457
Reply : Mon 30th Apr 2012 12:22

Russ,

I’ve played there several times as I’m down in Loughton fairly frequently for meetings.

I’ve always found it to be in great condition and loved being able to play a combination of the full 9 and the par 3.

The wildlife is great too – last time three deer were grazing on the 5th tee!

Looks like they’ve put the prices up though – in Feb the twilight rate was a mere £9.90.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top