Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

north west national course ?

Posted by: user97088 | Sat 28th Apr 2012 22:11 | Last Reply

hi folks just wondering if any of you guys out there have ever played this course near rainford in the northwest, it had some bad reviews when it first opened a couple of years ago but thought i might give it a go in the near future, just looking for some info 

re: north west national course ?
user430247
Reply : Mon 30th Apr 2012 22:48

i,v been 2 times , its great  £22 at weekend , lots of water to T over , think its 6000yds or so ,worth going i say ,,

user406037
Reply : Tue 1st May 2012 10:58

Never played there before but im playing against them tomorrow in a comp at Birchwood. I'll ask them what its like and try get back to you!!

user97088
Reply : Tue 1st May 2012 20:15

hi peter, i know it was £50 when first opened and we have been quoted £15 just wondered why such a big drop, but at that price its worth the effort, cheers

user430247
Reply : Tue 1st May 2012 20:49

philip ,,,,if u do go ,small tip for you, may help , on hole one ,you can not see the flag ? , tee off over water to the trees dead ahead about 280/330yds (about 3 hits for me) and try and stop about 20/30yds from the trees ,then its 100yds right up a small hill to the flag , then off to hole two tee over water again , its great ,enjoy it

user97088
Reply : Tue 1st May 2012 22:14

peter, not the type of 1st tee i like blind tee shot over water to a par 5 but its good to get the easy ones out of the way 1st, sounds like they get the money back of you buying balls that you lost in water...

hi kyle, look forward to your input about the course,(ask how much the balls are )......... enjoy birchwood its a good course and always in good nick.....cheers    

user235379
Reply : Wed 2nd May 2012 21:50

i am a member there, it's well worth a go, from the comp tee';s it's a bout 6700 yards

user235379
Reply : Fri 4th May 2012 13:25

1st water in front of tee,OB left, water right and a pond to go over to get to green

2nd water a head of the tee and large water to go over if you don't get your tee shot in the right place, OB left

3rd straight forward trees left and right, water behind green

4th par 3, water to carry of the tee and all down right hand side

5th straight hole, water ditch all down left

6th straight hole, water ditch all down left and right

7th water ditch all down right

8th long dog leg right OB left and right water to left of green

9th, long hole, OB left water to right of hole, HUGE bunker for those who try it in 2

10th long par 4 OB right, if from the correct yellow tee, a lot can't reach the faiway if wind into you

11th, tough par 3 bunkers short left and right

12th great hole, should be the 18th when course is back to the correct way, OB left and right water to left of green

13th lovely hole, water in front of tee and on left of fairway,

14th fantastic hole, a water dith awaits the big hitters and then a pond beyoind that, a larrge pond/lake to right of green

15th tough par 3, OB right and beyond green and it's not good if you go left

16th nice dog leg left, trees all up left OB right

17 long par 5 water in front of tee and to left of green, large steep banking all down the right

18th nice par 3 to finish, narrow entrance to green with trees left and right and a well placed bunker in front of green, water to left of green and continues all around the back

user97088
Reply : Fri 4th May 2012 22:43

hello alan, thanks very much  for the  great info, looks like there is plenty of water waiting for the wayward shot will have to take my A game along with me ( if i can find it )  it looks like a great course and one that should give you some highs and lows............cheers again gents, let you know how many balls i loose...winkhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/wink_smile.gif" title="wink" width="20" />     

user235379
Reply : Sat 5th May 2012 06:23

if anyone fancies a game i would be happy to sign you in

user235379
Reply : Wed 23rd May 2012 16:21

how did it go?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top