Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Time for the handicap score after round 3 !!!

Posted by: user459944 | Sat 28th Apr 2012 16:59 | Last Reply

Here goes people, time to get the ball rolling after a couple of near miss rounds, 3rd offical card to be reported tomorrow to get my first ever handicap score, but judging by the weather God is against me getting a good round in lol.

My first 2 rounds recorded as 129 a piece, some may laugh at, but to me a serious improvement on 20 yrs ago record of 175 on a 70par !!! that put me off playing golf for what i thought would be forever !! thankfully people nagging and work telling me i should take it up for some networking, i have well and truely got the bug again, 1st trip out in 20yrs with a friend at the start of april  got me a 129 @ Deangate in Hoo,Kent, drives were pretty consistant but chipping & putts were way off the mark, 2nd trip out took me to West Malling in kent on Spitfire course along with my guv'nor & work colleague, think i tried a little too hard and again got a 129, tried too hard to impress people rather than just playing my game as i should have done although did pick up a few useful hints on chipping & driving, and then we come to tomorrow...... 3rd trip back to Deangate@Hoo, kent to improve on the 129, looking forward to it (just not the weather, but they say no guts no glory lol).

Have my stats card printed off here made by Darren, have created my own also just for that extra bit of stats (as i like to nerd a bit on my errors, So, Finally looking forward to becoming a fully fledged golfer and getting a handicap score even if it may be a 28 !! its a start !!!

re: Time for the handicap score after round 3 !!!
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 28th Apr 2012 19:13

Hi Tim, I'm going to take a rough guess and say that you will get a handicap around the 28 mark.

I'm over in Romford and I'm playing a pairs matchplay game tomorrow dinner.

The weather forecast looks good for tomorrow afternoon, rain in the early morning but getting dryer by lunch time.

So hopefully you'll get your round in and I'll be looking for your post tomorrow telling us your new handicap.

Russ

user389585
Reply : Sat 28th Apr 2012 23:02

Don't worry you get 28 but this is good time when you start score around 982pm yours hc will go dowm and make you happy :-)My was go down after 9month from time when i start.Have nice game

user459944
Reply : Sun 29th Apr 2012 12:47

it wasnt to be was it, god not on my side today with the weather, Deangate course closedcryinghttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/cry_smile.gif" title="crying" width="20" />, head off down the driving range for a practice instead, nothing going right today, hook em left, hook em right, watch them bounce across the floor, watch them not even leave the tee, the only thing that went right today was the pitching wedgecheekyhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/tounge_smile.gif" title="cheeky" width="20" />, oh well needed the practice.....3rd round still to follow, come on summer !!!!coolhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/shades_smile.gif" title="cool" width="20" />

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 29th Apr 2012 14:11

I went upto my golf club today to play our pairs match.

They hadn't closed the course as Crown Golf don't ever close a golf course. But they had deemed it unplayable!  Now, to me, isn't that the same thing?

Russ

user459944
Reply : Sun 29th Apr 2012 16:30

gutted for you Russ, know how you feel, was so looking forward to getting out today as well, weather back to normal by the end of the week apparently, methinks a day off on friday !!!

user459944
Reply : Wed 2nd May 2012 12:21

Re-booked for this friday the 4th weather looking to stay good most of the morning apparently so fingers crossed for good weather, off to Deangate @ Hoo, kent again to rip up my old 129 (yeah right) and record what i hope to be a decent score...update to followyeshttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/thumbs_up.gif" title="yes" width="20" />

Last edit : Wed 2nd May 2012 12:51
user459944
Reply : Sat 5th May 2012 00:39

4/5/12 - not happy, arrived at Deangate @ Hoo this morning to find blinking course closed yet again after previous days rain, not happy so looking forward to a game, after a bit of ringing around, found that Southern Valley GC @ Shorne, Kent open, due to delays in getting to Deangate and up to Southern Valley, myself & friend could on get in 9 holes due to a society game going on, 15mins wait and we were off on the first tee, all downhill from there, took me til the 8th tee til i got a fairway in range, the only plus side was that putting had improved dramatically and was nailing it at 2 a hole, top result compared to previous games, end of the front 9 resulted in 60 on par 35, but other than the driving i was happy with my short game, now all i have to do is combine the 2 !!!!

finished of on Southern Valleys main course and went for a crack on the driving range and then onto Southern Valleys Thamesview par 3 9 hole course, had 3 rounds of par 27, 1st was 30 (3+), 2nd was 37 (+10), 3rd round was 33 (+6), other than a few dodgy stray ones was getting better on the short game, and for me it was a lot better than expected, happy result, time to get the big 18 hole score down now....cheekyhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/tounge_smile.gif" title="cheeky" width="20" />

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top