Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Custom Fitting

Posted by: user442346 | Thu 26th Apr 2012 19:32 | Last Reply

Hi,

I've just purchased brand new R11 irons, driver, 3 wood and putter.

Can I still get a custom fitting or should I have done this before I bought them?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

re: Custom Fitting
user389585
Reply : Fri 27th Apr 2012 07:46

Yes you can.i had my fitting las week at golf direct(�30) and they do after every 6 month for free.my clubs needs be 4�in flat.This fiting realy improved my game.i will strongly recomend custom fitting.

user16106
Reply : Sat 28th Apr 2012 10:11

Slawomir, What exactly did "golf direct" do for £30? Were you present, and what info did you give them about yourself ? What was improved after tweaking?

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user389585
Reply : Sun 29th Apr 2012 00:14

Well beafore i was losing ball to right my club was 1�go upright(this was custom fitting at mizuno center glasgow) and after put my club to 3�scotland flat my shot was more straight.

user16106
Reply : Mon 30th Apr 2012 00:39

Tom, are you CAC handed?

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 30th Apr 2012 00:55

I had my clubs checked at Direct Golf.

What they checked is the loft and lie of the clubs, they then adjusted them if required.

The good thing is that you pay the £30 on the first visit and you can go back as often as you want to have the clubs checked again. As long as you have the same clubs they will keep checking and adjusting them for you.

Seeing as my irons are Mizuno MP68's, a blade club made from a soft metal I was advised to go back at least three times a year.  This was because I play three or four times a week.

Russ

user356537
Reply : Thu 3rd May 2012 22:54

Tom, so you play off a handicap of 14 and hit your old 5 wood 275 yards and straight everytime?

Congratulations!!!!

Based on the current European Tour Stats that means you hit your 5 wood further than Miguel Angel Jimenez, Colin Montgomerie, Matteo Manessero, Simon Dyson,  Soren Keljdsen, Thomas Levet, Ben Curtis, Jose Marie Olazabel or Michael Campbell can hit their DRIVERS!!!!!

That really is impressive given that three of those named have won majors.

You must tell me what I'm doing wrong,  When I was younger I played county golf but would be doing well to hit a 5 wood 200 yards these days.

Richard

Last edit : Thu 3rd May 2012 22:56
user451055
Reply : Tue 8th May 2012 09:31

Tom you really need to work on your short game. With distances like that and hitting it straight all the time there is no way you should be on a 14 handicap!

My husband is scratch team captain and one of the longest and straightest hitters at the club and he hits his PW 130 yeards.

user16106
Reply : Tue 8th May 2012 12:29

Tom, Have you got your swing downloaded? Id like to see it, I might learn something as distance is an area i could do with help on.

Cheers, Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user16106
Reply : Tue 21st Aug 2012 19:46

Fantastic round Tom, is that your 1st sub 80?. 3 over after 14, 4 over last 4, What happened? Did you start counting the shots?. Great all the same. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user21179
Reply : Wed 22nd Aug 2012 12:06

Hi Tom You went round with 8, 9 and wedges and hit +7 ? You are destined for a very , very low handicap !!!!! how many shots with 8 iron to reach long par 5' s ?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top