Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My May Golf Bonanza

Posted by: user250721 | Wed 25th Apr 2012 18:14 | Last Reply

May can come quick enough and the rain had better stay away. This is just a show off post. Feel free to let me know below if your about at any of these events of fancy joining.

well the first couple of weeks are quiet so will jsut have to odd round or 2 thrown in for good measure.

Friday 18th - Off to Golf Live, think there is 5 of us going but let me know if your going to be about.

Sunday 20th - The next event on the Essex Tour - Race to Stoke Park run by Golf Days UK. This event is at Three Rivers, Chelmsford with tee times from 1400 onwards. entre fee is £29 and there are some great prizes up for grabs. Also longest Drive and closest to pin.

Friday 25th - Golf at Old Thornes - I think I have seen some previous posts on here from over the years about this course. Only heard good things so really looking forward to playing it.

Saturday 26th - BMW PGA @ Wentworth. - This will be my first live golf event (other than a Challange Tour I was at for an hour last summer) Really looking for any advice on what is the best thing to do ie follow a group or find a decent spot. Again, if anyone else is going shout below.

Cant come quick enough.

re: My May Golf Bonanza
user38216
Reply : Wed 25th Apr 2012 19:07

Im off to the BMW on Sunday, looking forward to it!

user26342
Reply : Wed 25th Apr 2012 21:34

Matthew,

My may will consist of spending the 6th & 7th at Cleobury Mortimer playing 27 holes each day & stopping over in the lodges. 

The 10th may I will be visiting Ross on Wye to meet up with my teaching pro for a round of golf.

Ive got tickets for all days @ golf live.

The 27th may I will be going to Wentworth to see the BMW PGA on a sponsors VIP pass.

in between these dates I will be spending as much time at my new club getting myself to grips with the slick greens.

how does that sound?

user250721
Reply : Wed 25th Apr 2012 21:38

Sounds a bit naff is you ask me. zzzzzzz

;-)

user407798
Reply : Wed 25th Apr 2012 21:50

I played some of Old Thorns with a £20 twilight round in shirt sleeves just before the clocks changed. Tough course especially when don't know the holes but some interesting and differing ones for sure. Need to think way round a bit as on a few holes ran out of fairway with driver and there is a fair amount of up and down.   

user61256
Reply : Wed 25th Apr 2012 23:38

Sounds like a good month Matt, here's my April:

Tue 10th April - North Shore Skegness

Thu 12th April - PGA National, The Belfry

Fri 13th April - The Brabazon, The Belfry

Sat 14th April - Lakes Course, Gainsborough

Fri 27th April - Lindrick

Sat 28th April - Moor Allerton

Good courses and played crap at them all so far :-)

Last edit : Wed 25th Apr 2012 23:39

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top