Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Latest Prodigy - Guan Tian-lang

Posted by: user450986 | Fri 20th Apr 2012 21:48 | Last Reply
re: Latest Prodigy - Guan Tian-lang
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 11th Apr 2013 23:55

Not done bad for this first round at Augusta !

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 12th Apr 2013 19:49

Just been penalised a shot for slow play. While I'm pleased to see them finally take action abut this major issue, surely there are worse culprits than a 14 year old boy playing in his first major to make an example of?

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 12th Apr 2013 21:34

Fair play to the lad for the respectful way he handled himself in the interview. He must be absolutely gutted it came across great. Many of his peers and elders could learn a lot by his attitude. I hope he's not the only one penalised as that would be really unfair on him

user504404
Reply : Sat 13th Apr 2013 08:06

Typical of Paramore IMO, why don't we just pick on the most inexperienced player out there.

Slow play is a huge issue and needs to be addressed but I agree with Monty on this one.

Woods and Donald were waiting for 30mins on the 4th, was this the 14yr olds fault? I think not, who else got a 1 shot penalty? Hmmmm nobody!!

user80078
Reply : Tue 16th Apr 2013 19:13

It will be interesting to see if Paramour's application of a 1 shot penalty on the 14yr old (making an example of him) is the start of a real attempt to get the pro's to speed up. If it is then it will not turn out to be such a crass act on a young player. Paramour will no doubt come under deserved scrutiny when putting the clock on some of golfs big names in the coming season. He has set the bar now and must respond.

user451055
Reply : Wed 17th Apr 2013 08:56

I thought it was a bit harsh on the lad too. I have heard he had 6 warnings and he took 15 minutes over one shot - but they are just anecdotal. Even if he did though it would still be harsh to pick on him. He has grown up watching the Pros spend ages discussing a shot with their caddy and play very slowly - it isn't surprising he copies them as he thinks that is right - to get to the top you have to be slow and deliberate. Half the juniors at my club are the same - faffing around when they should be just getting on with it. If they were going to make an example at The Masters then they really should have selected one of the many seasoned professionals rather than the young chap copying them.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top