Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My swing changes?

Posted by: user24437 | Wed 18th Apr 2012 16:34 | Last Reply

Been over the range a couple of times lately, have not been striking the ball particularly well lately so thought I'd work on a few things.  My main problem has been hitting the ground before the ball so I've been trying to get a smoother transition between takeaway and downswing.  This works fairly well if I can get my elbows in line and parallel to the ground, which also gives me a quite exagerated wrist cock.  This works fine as long as I don't bend my left knee (which I inevitably do) and just swing through.

So, as an experiment I tried cocking my wrists first then starting the takeaway.  To my surprise I hit virtually every ball clean as a whistle, everything from wedge to driver.  The only problem is that it looks like a less stylish version of Jim Furyks swing - so Darren may have to get involved in this one...

re: My swing changes?
user26342
Reply : Wed 18th Apr 2012 20:45

Tim, my advice would be to go have a lesson. All this tinkering around could create more problems in the long run.

ive been up the range tonight & what my pro has been trying to get me to do the last few months has finally clicked. 

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 18th Apr 2012 20:48

Tim, slow mo video session once the sun comes back out ?

user24437
Reply : Wed 18th Apr 2012 21:51

Was thinking of that John.  The thing is that I'm doing all the things that were drilled into me at the last lesson, it's just that now they're in a different order!  If the sun ever shines again this week I'll go over and see if it wasn't just a passing phase.  Will give you a shout Darren

user61256
Reply : Thu 19th Apr 2012 09:16

Christ Almighty Tim, we play Lindrick next week partner, just get it sorted so we score 50 points and i don't care if you swing it like Jim Furyk's dog.

I have a lesson tonight at Peter Cowans academy where they put me on Trackman, top quality training aid that, you can see your game improving as you make the adjustments required. It really is very impressive.

Last edit : Thu 19th Apr 2012 09:16
user77012
Reply : Thu 19th Apr 2012 10:20

Tim, your swaying and staying you need your weight to be going left as your first move on the downswing.

user99350
Reply : Thu 19th Apr 2012 15:38

Well look on the positive side Tim, it might give the rest of us playing at Lindrick a chance.

user61256
Reply : Sat 21st Apr 2012 08:59

Don't be saying that Pat, he's my partner. He will need to play well too because i had a lesson Thursday and it completely messed my head up!!!

Oh well Tim, Lindricks a nice place to have a walk.....

user99350
Reply : Sat 21st Apr 2012 10:06

It''s precisely the reason you're both paired that I did say it John. Head messed up from a lesson? I thought the mind games would have started an hour before tee off rather than a week before

Yippishly yours, Pat & Bob 'he's the man' Haynes.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top