Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

First official club handicap

Posted by: user369251 | Tue 17th Apr 2012 22:03 | Last Reply

18. Happy with that considering how dire I've been recently. Now looking forward to my first medal comp at the weekend! Also, have a 3 player team comp Sunday, paired with my good mate (8) and the handicap chairman (2)!

re: First official club handicap
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 18th Apr 2012 08:25

Good luck Chris and well done. 

I should also hopefully get my first club handicap later this week.  I'm looking forward to some comps but not quite sure about a medal comp yet

user26342
Reply : Wed 18th Apr 2012 12:51

go for it Darren. There's nothing quite like a medal stroke play to concentrate your mind. No other format can truly test a golfer.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 18th Apr 2012 13:01

Not ready for it yet John, I'll need a few rounds under my belt first   fully agree though.

Chris, let us know how you get on.

user356537
Reply : Wed 18th Apr 2012 13:36

Man up Darren, like John said, the only way to prepare for competitive golf is to play in competitions!

user451055
Reply : Wed 18th Apr 2012 16:59

You have to do the Medals. It gets my goat how many people don't enter the competitions as soon as it is a medal. You will never get better if you don't test yourself. 

user250721
Reply : Wed 18th Apr 2012 17:34

Yeah.....Come on Darren. Test yourself.

user130832
Reply : Thu 19th Apr 2012 07:20

All my 40 odd of my scores put down for handicap on this site are medal scores. Other methods of scoring should not be counted in my opinion, it's not a true reflection of your ability.

user99350
Reply : Fri 20th Apr 2012 16:03

Playing with the handicap chairman? dangerous...drop of a hat he'll cut you for 'general play' even moreso if he's off 2.

user369251
Reply : Mon 23rd Apr 2012 12:19

was very ill thursday through Saturday so had to miss the medal, but did play in the 3 man team comp. We scored 74 points, and I played exactly to my full handicap, had a handful of pars though so I suspect he may drop me a few strokes. It was 3/4 handicaps though for the comp sake.

user355541
Reply : Mon 23rd Apr 2012 22:37

He is expressly forbidden to make that kind of knee-jerk reaction to a single round of golf - team comp, 3/4 handicap - no way.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top