Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

inspiring a team

Posted by: user388199 | Tue 17th Apr 2012 13:32 | Last Reply

I have been appointed captain of a small team of golfers for a friendly(ish) match.How do you inspire them?Golf being a game for a relaxed mind and a happy disposition,a Churchillian speak or a call to arms feel to me a bit inappropiate.Any help or even cliches out there?

re: inspiring a team
user451055
Reply : Tue 17th Apr 2012 14:18

My husband is in charge of the scratch team at our club and he keeps them in good spirits by lots of emails to keep them up to date with what is planned/team selections etc. Whenever he sees them at the club he will always stop and have a chat and the most important thing is making sure everything is well organised and ensuring everyone knows exactly what is happening, when it is happening, where they should be etc.

He sometimes throws in a few lame jokes too which are all terrible but what else can you expect from a kiwi!

user320021
Reply : Tue 17th Apr 2012 16:08

With Golf, I don't think it's about inspiring them, but more about keeping them relaxed, which is easiest done when everything is well planned in advance, then there isn't confusion when people are just thinking about their warm up and what time they're teeing off.

user388199
Reply : Fri 20th Apr 2012 09:07

Thanks for your advice.Will jjust organise and hopefully help them to be care free.

And hopefully play well myself.

user130337
Reply : Fri 20th Apr 2012 10:00

I agree with Colin and Judy. I've met your team: if you said you were going to quote them something inspiring from Churchill, they'd expect "12 months for the price of 10".

Play well(ish).

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top