Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf socks

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Tue 17th Apr 2012 10:20 | Last Reply

I'll be honest and say I've never really given this much thought other than in winter sometimes wearing 2 pairs or wearing thicker woollen socks.

Recently played a 36 holer and had some feedback on the Swiftwick golf socks plus just read about the FJ Merino golf sock.

So, anyone wear socks specific for golf ?

re: Golf socks
user99350
Reply : Tue 17th Apr 2012 13:20

Best using waterproof socks. Whatever happened to thos rubber golf shoes, I know they looked a bit crappy but they're the only shoes that kept your feet dry.

user320021
Reply : Tue 17th Apr 2012 16:06

Yep, Don't know why, but I've always had "Golf Socks", they are generally better ones with bits that are designed to be a bit softer to walk on and supportive round the ankle, I've no idea if it actually makes a difference, but it's a habit now!

user38216
Reply : Tue 17th Apr 2012 17:25

Used FJ Prodrys for ages, they are great but a little pricey

user430457
Reply : Tue 17th Apr 2012 20:27

There's a video of Fred Couples promoting the Ecco Biom shoes - he wears them without socks. No matter how comfy the shoes are i can't imagine not wearing socks, not in the UK anyway.

user26342
Reply : Wed 18th Apr 2012 12:54

PANTS! enlightenedhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/lightbulb.gif" title="enlightened" width="20" />

user41897
Reply : Wed 18th Apr 2012 21:01

Getting some sealskins waterproof merino wool socks for cycling/walking/golf for my birthday. Chuffing expensive at £28 for one pair of socks but come highly recommended. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000UFSAIY/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details Will let you know if they are worth it in due course!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 19th Apr 2012 08:19

are they really made out of seal skin ?

user77012
Reply : Thu 19th Apr 2012 10:25

I'm  a swiftwick wearer and love'em  they are so comfy you really realise how good they when you forget them and use a lesser brand. Not tried the new FJ's but may try a pair.

user356537
Reply : Fri 20th Apr 2012 08:10

I've never bought a pair of golf specific socks........perhaps that's where I'm going wrong!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top