Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Snapped Shaft

Posted by: user250721 | Sun 15th Apr 2012 19:15 | Last Reply

Evening Guys

Im absolutly gutted as my Wilson Satff Frybrid shaft snapped today. The ball was on an upslope and hit too much ground and snap. Dont think it should happen and ive only had it since November.

Just after some advice as to the quickest and cheapest way to get it re-shafted?

Im pretty sure it might be covered uner a warranty from Wilson but wouldnt know the first thing to do.

Any advice is welcome.

re: Snapped Shaft
user52922
Reply : Sun 15th Apr 2012 20:14

The quickest and cheapest way, Matt, is to do it yourself. Not at all difficult, just a little patience.

user99350
Reply : Mon 16th Apr 2012 12:52

A proshop will charge £30-40. It cost me £35 when my Ping 1 iron shaft snapped (and they do go ping) when teeing off, luck I found the head. Having sAid that it did have a ping shaft fitted. 

user321680
Reply : Mon 16th Apr 2012 12:57

Matt

I recently snapped my driver shaft whilst at the range and took it to the shop I bought it from and they sent it off to the manufacturer who replaced it free of charge.

If you dont mind being slightly dishonest just tell them it was broken in normal play. the manufacturers make enough from us anyway

Whether they will replace it or not is another matter. I think it depends on whereabouts on the shaft it snapped. I think if it's very close to the head they dont replace them but it's worth a go anyway.

user24437
Reply : Mon 16th Apr 2012 14:06

Or you could always get one of the ace club builders on here to put a really good shaft in it....

user26342
Reply : Mon 16th Apr 2012 17:06

I would think that if it snapped during normal use then it should be covered by warranty. If however it snapped due to it being slammed into the ground becuase of a bad shot then that's a different story!! angryhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/angry_smile.gif" title="angry" width="20" />

user250721
Reply : Mon 16th Apr 2012 18:01

Thanks for all the feedback and advice guys.

To clear up a few questions.

It has snapped in the middle of the shaft. Im not an angry person so club abuse is out of the question.

I won the club in a competition so I can take it back to a store as it wasnt purchased.
Im not sure still if it would be covered but as people have suggested above it probably wont be as nothing can be proved.

Its now in my local club's pro shop who will let me know the damage tomorrow. As its a Wilson club he suggests that I replace it with the same shaft to make sure I get the correct fit as apparantly Wilson shafts are a bit thinner than other to ensure Wilson players have to buy from them when it comes to situations like this.

user123290
Reply : Tue 17th Apr 2012 09:10

I once had a Callaway FTiQ driver and the shaft snapped on that in almost the same circumstances you had. I took it into my local pro shop who just said they'd send it off to the manufacturer to be repaired as Callaway give a lifetime warranty. Anyway, literally 2 days later got a call from the pro saying I could have a brand new driver from his shop courtesy of Callaway. 

Im not sure of other manufacturers offer anything like Callaways lifetime warranty but may be worth finding out.

user26342
Reply : Tue 17th Apr 2012 09:16

PING also offer the lifetime warranty as well.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top