Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

which tour would your rather play on?

Posted by: user437159 | Thu 12th Apr 2012 21:15 | Last Reply

PGA or European? For me, it would be the European Tour.

re: which tour would your rather play on?
user16106
Reply : Thu 12th Apr 2012 21:25

US, better courses. Pebble beach, Blue monster, Bay hill etc etc

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user250721
Reply : Thu 12th Apr 2012 21:33

Euro, think visiting more courtries really appeals to me.

user16106
Reply : Thu 12th Apr 2012 22:15

Did think of that Matt but thought pro players dont get a lot of time to do sight seeing, But I maybe wrong.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user106712
Reply : Thu 12th Apr 2012 22:37

European tour, as I can't speak American but I can speak european !

user417527
Reply : Thu 12th Apr 2012 23:02

I'd go for the LPGA . I still wouldn't have a hope in hell of outdriving them, but a) I'd be allowed to wear shorts on hot sunny days, and b) the courses would be a lot shorter, and c) my playing partners would frequently be a whole lot easier on the eyes.

The downside would be having to learn Korean as a second language! I mean, have you seen the number of Koreans in the LPGA money list?

user390191
Reply : Fri 13th Apr 2012 11:08

think i wouild play on both usa in the winter and european in the summer (then again do we get a summer) wonder if the ladys and men will play on the the same tour in the future

user369251
Reply : Fri 13th Apr 2012 12:26

Would have to be the US for me. 3/4 majors are held there, so many other major tournaments, and the chance to play against the majority of the world's best week in week out.

user390191
Reply : Fri 13th Apr 2012 12:46

would be an intersting fact to work out how many of the worlds top players play all the tour or pick  where they want to play just to keep the card for the tour

user246626
Reply : Fri 13th Apr 2012 19:09

Would have to be European.Get to travelto loads of different countries and see the world. Couldnt stand hearing 'Get in the hole' every single shot you play in America and you'd play with a wider range of players.

user417527
Reply : Fri 13th Apr 2012 23:13

Darren, I remember when the LPGA was regularily on (I think) the Golf Channel, and I would often watch that as opposed to the PGA. At least with the LPGA you were pretty much guaranteed that the top players would be there for all the events, and while they may not play as long off the tee as the men, there didn't seem to be a lot of difference once they got on and around the greens.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 14th Apr 2012 11:26

Interesting answers here.

I would pick PGA Tour. More money, easier travel and similar course conditions each time.

BTW,

You don't see the world when travelling 'on tour'. You see the local Airport, Hotel and Golf Course and nothing else. That is unless your outbound flight is Sunday night and you miss the cut, but then you need to see a lot of the practice facilities rather than local sites.

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top