Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

not impressed at all

Posted by: user215570 | Fri 6th Apr 2012 07:50 | Last Reply

played sprowston manor yesterday a nice course but book online if you want cheaper green fee . i saw the online fee and rang course direct to check tee time was still free which it was . i presumed it was the same fee for both and the person on the phone didnt say it wasnt. what a shock we got when we got there they wanted 35 pounds not impressed at all . we payed it as we were there but we wont get caught like that again. buyer beware.

re: not impressed at all
user417527
Reply : Sun 8th Apr 2012 20:09

Unfortunately there are some courses that will offer deals online, but those same deals aren't available to anyone just "turning up". I guess that once you're at the course the feeling is that you're almost forced into paying it, but I can imagine that it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 9th Apr 2012 11:37

Best thing to do is to walk away.

Nothing better than the golf course realising that they have lost some money due to discriminating against those people who want to turn up and play.

There will always be another decent golf course within a half hour drive of where you are.

The sight of you walking towards the door might just get them to make you the same offer as is advertised on the internet.

Russ

user451055
Reply : Tue 10th Apr 2012 09:03

I can see their reasoning behind the discount though. If you book in advance online then you get a discount which they don't mind as they are getting a guarenteed income from the booking - so you get a bit off. If you just turn up, they don't know you are coming and therefor the price is the normal one.

Most businesses do this (hotels etc)  - why not golf courses?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top