Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Suggestions

Posted by: user215570 | Sun 1st Apr 2012 14:16 | Last Reply

Can anybody suggest a gd golf course in norfolk or suffolk . it has to be a pay and play course and my group dont have handicap certificates thanks.

Last edit : Tue 3rd Apr 2012 21:00
re: Suggestions
user453302
Reply : Fri 6th Apr 2012 22:20

Hi Stephen.

I can't make much of a recommendation in terms of Norfolk, having only played Dunston Hall. Dunston was a nice parkland course, which I would definitely play again.One thing I would say is that the fairways weren't the best. Would say they are definitely better tracks to play elsewhere.

Suffolk on the other hand has several good courses. I am a member at Fynn Valley myself, which is a tricky parkland course, but I would definitely recommend keeping this as a Plan B Option. Go for Hintlesham GC, Weldringfield GC or Ufford Park. Of the three I enjoy Weldringfield most, its an interesting course with plenty of gourse bushes and deep bunkering. Its a challenge and a good scorecard can be derailed with one bad shot / hole.  Ufford Park is again very tough and narrow by an excellent test with very intestering greens. Hinlesham has several good holes but isnt the toughest you'll ever play.  

One other option and the best of the lot is Stoke by Nayland. Its just 20-30 minutes outside Suffolk. Check out yourgolftravel.com for overnight stays. Resort has two championship courses which are both awesome (check out the 10th courtesy of youtube) and have some golf holes that will live long in the memory.

I have played all the courses I have mentioned within the last three months and none of them have ever asked for a handicap certificate.

Hope that helps. If there is anything else just ask.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top