New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Stratford on Avon

Posted by: user455843 | Sat 31st Mar 2012 21:18 | Last Reply

Thinking of going to stratford on avon any ideas on courses

Last edit : Sat 31st Mar 2012 21:21
re: Stratford on Avon
user356537
Reply : Sat 31st Mar 2012 23:25

I live approx. 15 miles from Stratford upon Avon.  If you are looking for a course in the immediate vicinity there is absolutely no competition. Stratford upon Avon GC is one of the best in the county of Warwickshire.

user77012
Reply : Sun 1st Apr 2012 16:20

I would recommend the Welcombe a nice track with eexcellent facilities.I've played and stayed there many times and its only 5 mins from town center.

user249902
Reply : Sun 1st Apr 2012 19:57

I played the Welcombe, it's a good walk. not overly long and in great condition but it's quite hilly. Stratford has 4 courses within a few miles of each other, The Welcombe, Ingon Manor, Stratford Oaks and Stratford upon Avon.

user356537
Reply : Mon 2nd Apr 2012 14:55

Anthony, when are you going to be in Stratford?  If I'm about and you're prepared to travel about 20/25 minutes from Stratford you'd be welcome to come and play at my club, Kenilworth.  I can sign you in as my guest for a reduced green fee.

People have mentioned other courses but, in my opinion, none are as good as Stratford upon Avon GC.  However, in order of preference after Startford would be The Welcombe with Ingon Manor and Stratford Oaks a distant 3rd and 4th respectively.

Richard

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top