Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

North Manchester Golf Club

Posted by: user364745 | Wed 28th Mar 2012 14:25 | Last Reply

Played here on TeeTimes last week. Bit hilly and not very good condition for a Privaye course as it was a bit tatty in places ? Usual lack of signs to next tee and no maps of holes on tee or on card that are any use, and so the deep ravine on the 7 th (?) is unseen and you have no idea of distance, especially off a winter tee ? (Why does NOWHERE not remesure from Tee posts for WInter tees ?) Not over difficult but some trees in play. Best hole is Par 3 18th over water whic I felw over with a 5 iron due to the distance moan as before. Worth a go if cheap ?

re: North Manchester Golf Club
user410273
Reply : Wed 28th Mar 2012 16:47

If I remember rightly its played slightly uphill too... bad workwoman blames her tools(?)winkhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/wink_smile.gif" title="wink" width="20" />

re: North Manchester Golf Club
user127343
Reply : Fri 30th Mar 2012 22:30

Ah Heaton Park -thats where I learned to play this beautiful game when I lived in Prestwich. The 17 th is called Cardiac Hill lol. The course was designed by JH Taylor.

Actually it is(or was) one of the best munis around the NW and regarding the blind approach shots you get used to that after a few rounds. It can be difficult for newcomers though. This course is resplendent when all the rhododendrons are in bloom. I used to love it there although many of the short par 4 holes make it more suitable for novices or game improvers. Always worth a visit especially in spring / summer,

P.S.  The best course in this area is Stand in Whitefield imho.

regards, Michael

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top