Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

R11S or RBZ Driver?

Posted by: user123290 | Tue 20th Mar 2012 23:46 | Last Reply

I'm getting a new driver soon and really fancy one of the Taylormade new drivers. Any opinions as to what is better, the R11S or the RBZ?

re: R11S or RBZ Driver?
user106712
Reply : Wed 21st Mar 2012 06:39

I've only had a go with the RBZ. It seemed easy to hit and went quite far but was hardly any difference to my G15. The other thing is the R11s is around £300 and I've seen the RBZ for £189.. But how much adjustability do you need. My G15 doesn't adjust at all but I can open or close the club face with my hands for free !

user24437
Reply : Wed 21st Mar 2012 07:33

You mean you compensate for conditions instinctively Adrian?

He's a witch, burn him!

user123290
Reply : Wed 21st Mar 2012 10:53

I pretty much agree with these replies which then leads me onto another question. What is the point in adjustable drivers? I too can easily open or close the face of a club with my hands. Think I'll get down my local shop and just hit a few, see which works

user338942
Reply : Wed 21st Mar 2012 14:30

Try other stuff in your price range as well.  You may find something like the K15 miles easier to hit, or maybe the latest offerings from Corba, Cleveland, Titleist etc.   No good buying a club on looks if it sends you venturing out into the trees every other hole

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 21st Mar 2012 20:15

I have a Titleist 910 D2.  It goes on two settings. A1 (standard 9.5*, slightly open) for normal conditions or D1 (-0.75*, slightly open) if it's windy.  Which it often is at Minchinhampton as we're on top of a hill.  Apart from that nothing gets altered

user430247
Reply : Wed 21st Mar 2012 21:16

i have a R9 superdeep 9.5 ,with the r.i.p 70-s aldila shaft , its a very club but two good 4 me ,i sill have a slice 60% of the time , so i tend to use a draw 3wood , , may be 30yds shorter drive , but its not in the trees , lol ,  so the R9 is going up for sale soon  

user78137
Reply : Wed 11th Apr 2012 20:23

Im not too sure why there are adjustable drivers? You are not allowed to adjust them once a competition round has started. If you got it wrong, tough luck.

There are drivers out there already with draw or fade bias. I have to admit I do like the look of them though. I would recommend going to a local pro shop who has a few possibilties for you to try out for youeself. After all they arn't the cheapest things to get wrong!

I personally prefer Ping.  Their not the best looking, however very strong performance throughout their range.  My friend like Callaway, sometimes it is personal choice.

My advice is go get fitted,try as many as possible. Slightly ignore cool as it does.nt always work.

Good luck!!

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 12th Apr 2012 09:43

Don't go spending your hard earned cash without trying as many clubs as you can.

Find the five you like, then gradually knock it down to the one!

As for adjustable drivers, well I suppose if you are good then when you are warming-up you'll notice that your drives are doing something.  You then adjust the driver to keep the ball straight.  Once out on the course you cannot adjust the driver so you have to live with it as it is!

I've got an onboard, inbuilt adjustment system, it's called my swing!     Over 18 holes I can produce any shot you want, just not when I want it!

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top