Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Spikeless Shoes

Posted by: user430457 | Tue 13th Mar 2012 20:47 | Last Reply

Apparently Justin Rose wears Adidas spikeless but does anyone here have them? I really wondered what were the pros and cons are as I need to change my shoes soon. I fancied the Ecco Bioms and have seen that they do a spikeless version, the Hybrid, but both are a little pricey.

re: Spikeless Shoes
user130832
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 08:10

Are steel spikes still leagal?

user355541
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 09:34

Legal - but many clubs will not allow them.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 12:22

I own several pairs of shoes. You need them when you play daily.

I have two pairs of Footjoy with soft spikes in at the moment (I can change them to steel if needed) and a pair of Hi-Tec with steel in them (I can put soft into these). I also have an older pair of Hi-Tec that are steel only soles. All black, by the way. They can then go with any colour combination I wish to wear.

I had three pairs of Dexter shoes for many years (Black - Brown - Red/White/Blue) and they were great.

TheLyth

user24437
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 12:41

Hmm, aren't they just trainers?  Oh no, silly me they're £90 golf shoes...

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 12:48

Tim, just about but sole is specific to golf. 

I wonder what tradational clubs would make of them and even allow you on ?

This is ECCO BIOM - http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/2264/ECCO_launch_New_BIOM_Golf.html

and ECCO BIOM hybrids - http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/3463/ECCO_Introduces_2012_Mens_Golf_Shoe_Collection.html

direct ECCO link - http://www.eccogolf.co.uk/Home/Ecco-Biom-golf-shoes.aspx

user369251
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 13:36

Not for me personally. I quite like the Golf shoe to look like a shoe. Each to their own of course. Does anybody else think Tiger's big white shoes look like discards from Nasa?

user127691
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 16:00

Adidas actually have released golf shoes ( and they are called shoes) that are just a pair of adidas Samba trainers with soft cleats on the bottom. Shoes when you have cleats on them trainers when sold in a clothes shop without them!!!!!!!!!!!

That said I'm buying a pair

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 16:02

Gary, I've seen some of the Adidas one and they do look great.

user430457
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 18:21

@Darren - you'll look rather dapper in the street legends and your Kangol cap!

Thanks for all the other comments; I have a pair of Ecco's bought cheapish at a show last year, they were great when i first started but after 18 holes feel rather tight so am after a better, more comfortable fit now. The Biom's were certainly the most comfortable shoes i've ever tried but that was just for few minutes in the shop, the test will be 3 hours of golf.

user78137
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 20:00

spikeless shoes are very comfortable, however watch out if it's a bit wer or morning dew.

Torville & Deam comes to mind!

user338942
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 20:30

I fancy a pair of the samba's.  Had a few pairs of the trainers and if they are half as comfortable as the trainers they will be the best pair of 'shoes' I've had!!   Saying that if they are made of the same material, the socks might get a bit soggy in the rain,

user127691
Reply : Thu 15th Mar 2012 13:55

Apparantly the Sambas come with a 12month waterproof guarantee, I've also just spotted a pair of Puma Roma's with spikes stuck on the bottom. I'm off to the shops this afternoon to try on a few pairs if I invest I'll let you know how they perform.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 16th Mar 2012 17:39

Just heard the FootJoy Contour Casuals will also be available very soon in the UK !

http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=339

user26342
Reply : Fri 16th Mar 2012 19:17

I always wear metal spikes through the winter up until the end of March. Most courses except them, except for the big hotel chains for some reason?

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 20th Mar 2012 08:56

This is the FootJoy Contour Casuals info and images:

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/3722/FootJoy_Contour_Casuals.html

user24437
Reply : Tue 20th Mar 2012 09:02

Can someone explain what a 'stunning new lifestyle-infused, spikeless shoe' is?

It's a trainer...

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top