Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Holiday Course

Posted by: user40826 | Tue 13th Mar 2012 07:07 | Last Reply

Going on holiday in a few weeks to East Anglia, and of course I'll be playing some golf with my father in law.  Anybody played any of theses courses?   Course 1:   Weston Park Golf Club, about 55 minutes drive, but from the reviews I've read seems an absolute cracker.  Should be £27.50 with a 2fore1 voucher.   http://www.weston-park.co.uk/golf/golfcourse.php   Course 2:   Royal Cromer about 10 minutes drive away, but is quite costly £55 for the day.   No voucher deals there - looks like a beauty though.   http://www.royalcromergolfclub.com/pages.php/index.html   Course 3:   Mundersley Golf Course - 5 minute drive away, about £25 for the day.     http://www.mundesleygolfclub.com/

Last edit : Tue 13th Mar 2012 07:08
re: Holiday Course
user410273
Reply : Tue 13th Mar 2012 07:52

Add to that list Sheringham. Or if you want to play a fierce test, visit Royal North Norfolk at Brancaster. Have a look at the Honours boards in there, specifically the list of Captains and Presidents - WOW! Then if you go further west there's Hunstanton. Again, an excellent test of your abilities but also like Brancaster it doesn't come cheap.

user249902
Reply : Tue 13th Mar 2012 09:21

Brian beat me, I have heard only good things about Sheringham £60 daily or £40 twilight (after 4pm)

user52922
Reply : Tue 13th Mar 2012 10:06

.Brian has beaten me as well, but I concur with Hunstanton, Royal West Norfolk at Brancaster, as well as Sheringham. Royal Cromer is a clifftop course and a pleasasnt one to play. I have played them all quite a few times.

You will never have seen bunkers as deep as those at Brancaster, all shored up with railway sleepers, with a tide that comes in so fast at certain times of the year can catch you out, but what a challenge and what a friendly club. It used to be 2 balls and foursomes only there as well, that may have changed now though.

user289859
Reply : Thu 15th Mar 2012 09:10

I played Cromer a few weeks ago. Lovely course, but they are doing A LOT of work at the moment with the installation of an irrigation system etc and will no be complete until the end of May time I believe.  There are a couple of temporary greens and other pieces going on, so not in its best condition at the moment!

user40826
Reply : Fri 16th Mar 2012 06:59

Matthew, that's really good to know, I was going to book it today.  Will look into Sheringham now.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top