Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Rubber was RZN is......

Posted by: user26342 | Mon 12th Mar 2012 18:08 | Last Reply

Crap according to my playing partner who said they felt like hitting a brick off the driver face.

anyone else used these yet??

re: Rubber was RZN is......
user38216
Reply : Mon 12th Mar 2012 18:12

strange feel, strange noise off the driver. Maybe I'll wait till the summer before chucking them in the practice bag. Ok off the irons, wedges and putter but not a match for the mighty V1x.

user369251
Reply : Mon 12th Mar 2012 18:14

was considering asking the missus to get some as an anniversay present... but maybe not now.

user289859
Reply : Mon 12th Mar 2012 18:52

Used the ball last year, and quite like them.  Can scuff up a bit quicker than other balls though. Settled for using Z-Stars as my ball of choice!

user24437
Reply : Mon 12th Mar 2012 20:38

Interesting piece of marketing b*ll*cks too.  No modern golf balls use a true rubber core any more than modern car tyres are.  It's true that they may use a small proportion of natural rubber (a car tyre uses between 20% - 45% natural rubber) but they are mostly made of iomer or elastomer resins.  The point is, because of it's astonishing properties, natural rubber is an ideal addition to synthetic rubbers because of it's almost limitless ability to be compressed and store energy, something that a purely synthetic substitute cannot acheive.  If you don't believe me, try hitting an old Whammo superball with a golf club - my brother once demonstrated this by smacking one over 300 yards out of the driving range - with a 7 iron!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top