Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ringers or what?

Posted by: user130832 | Sun 11th Mar 2012 11:15 | Last Reply

I have just looked at the virtual leaderboard.

WOW, the guy in the lead has 51 points, I think that is unbelievable. Also, there are 50 guys that have got in excess of 41 points and we are only 2 weeks into the month.

Ruddy hell, I have got no chance. Whaddya think guys?

The only thing I can positively say is that these guys have put their cards in.

re: Ringers or what?
user53837
Reply : Sun 11th Mar 2012 16:16

Paul, kind of a system bug.  If we don't have a handicap set on the round entry then we default to 28 thus the high points.

This will be shortly fixed and some further updates to weed out these scores in the VLB.

Plus also we will have some very exciting updates to the VLB coming very soon   can't say anymore at the mo

user437621
Reply : Sun 11th Mar 2012 23:57

i think its a joke that people have 100% FIR and GIR its impossable to do that every round

user130832
Reply : Mon 12th Mar 2012 06:06

I agree with some posts on here about the handicap system needing a little tweek.

For instance, double par for a blow out should be reduced to a lesser figure as this gives a wrong impression in my opinion.

Perhaps par + handicap + 1 would be an improvement. or even just 2 over par,

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 12th Mar 2012 07:34

Check this article out about problems in Ireland and the so called 'Bandit Country'

http://thesportsarena.ie/wordpress/index.php/bandit-country-advantage-gui-handicap-system/

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 12th Mar 2012 22:12

Simple tweak

Default handicap is scratch.  Fairway and greens are missed unless the box is ticked

user78137
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2012 20:15

Or do what our society does. Anything above their handicap is cut by 0.3 or whatever buffer zone they are in.  they automatically lose one hole stroke for winning a competition. If they have shot 41 points that could be 2 & a half shots lost on one game.  soon sorts out the men from the boys!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top