Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How do you collate your stats?

Posted by: user406037 | Sun 11th Mar 2012 00:31 | Last Reply

I have just upgraded on the site now in the hope to use the score tracker information ect.

Just a question as to how everybody collects their information on each hole. Do you carry a pro forma piece of paper which allows you to indicate how many putts, GIR, Sand plays ect ect.

Cheers

Kyle

re: How do you collate your stats?
user250721
Reply : Sun 11th Mar 2012 07:16

Morning Kyle

Great call on upgrading, it's helped me identify the areas of my game that needed working on most

I use the Golfshake advanced stats cards which you will find here. 

http://www.golfshake.com/services/round-recorder/

Hope this helps.

Matt

user53837
Reply : Sun 11th Mar 2012 16:14

Kyle, you'll get some of the advanced stat tracker cards in the post this week with your golf handicap card.

Regards, Darren.

user406037
Reply : Sun 11th Mar 2012 17:40

Thanks for the replys guys, just managed 18 holes and thought it was a shame i didnt collate my stats but will start to do so shortly.

I think it will be a massive help for me once i can start to see a pattern in where i need to improve, hopefully i will see my handicap come down this year.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 11th Mar 2012 20:54

Hi Kyle,

On the normal scorecard I put a tick or cross for hit or miss fairway and the same for the green in one of the spare boxes. I write the number of putts in one of the other ones and add a 'P' for penalty, 'SS' for sand save, etc if needed. 

Whatever code you use, as long as you know what it means when you get home and need to upload it's fine

user52922
Reply : Sun 11th Mar 2012 23:17

I am amazed that some players need to write everything down on a card whilst playing the round.

Not only can I recall everything about my own round but also can do the same of my playing partners. Even the next day I still have photographic recall.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 12th Mar 2012 07:41

Yes I can often real live every shot of the good rounds just like every dribble, pass and shot when winning at football.

Not quite the same when I score 100+ though, far too many bad shots that need to be forgotten

user16106
Reply : Mon 12th Mar 2012 12:13

Kyle im pretty much the same as Perry. Next to the hole # I will put FG2 if I hit the fairway. Got GIR and 2 putted. A letter B if bunker and a letter P if penalty although these are rearer. If I miss the fairway and miss the green then 1 putt I will only have written down the #1. Make sense ?

Dave CAC handed Geordie. My memory isnt as good as JP.

user407798
Reply : Mon 12th Mar 2012 23:22

I tend to write putts in a spare column. If I am playing well lot easier to remember! Sometimes I think about chipping from the fringe to "protect" the putts score even if a putt seems better option but hopefully usually think better of it and play whichever club I think will get me nearer the hole.

One thing I don't  think you can record (which believe can on a rival site) is club used on each shot. Could be a useful addition?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top