Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

New Forest / Bournemouth

Posted by: user130832 | Sat 10th Mar 2012 13:19 | Last Reply

Am I the only person on Golfshake from New Forest / Bournemouth Area?

re: New Forest / Bournemouth
user356537
Reply : Sat 10th Mar 2012 19:03

I'm jealous.  You are lucky to live where you do with some stunning golf courses in that area.

user130832
Reply : Sun 11th Mar 2012 04:00

No David, this is no wind up.

I live in New Milton but there is a catch, I work in Saudi Arabia and only get home once in a while. I am not a member of a golf club and so Golfshake is my means of keeping a track of my scores and to get some sort of official handicap.

So, I am sorry that I will not be able to join you for the Winchester sortie but I will be in New Milton from the 23rd March for 16 days. I am playing the golfshake comp at Minchinhampton on 26th, will you be there?

It would be good to get together for a game or two while I am home. What is your home course? Barton? Strawberry fields? Iford? new Forest? Southampton?

When I get over there I normally head for Iford which is very amenable to visitors and a good course, although perhaps less of a challenge than some. I have played just about every course in the area. I used to be a member of the 3 bells golf society until it wrapped up.

Cheers

user130832
Reply : Sun 11th Mar 2012 10:57

OK, that'd be great. Will keep in touch.

I have played Barton lots of times but don't like the course very much. The rough is really really rough with that seaside grass and bushes. Plus the wind is horrific sometimes on the cliff top there.

I would imagine Brock is also very expensive, Paulton's is reasonable though. if you want a fairly relaxed mid week game and don't mind a 9 hole course, there is the strawberry fields at Lymington but not much of a challenge. I find that Ifor suits me and also I like Southampton municipal. I came second in a society day there so it's next to my heart Ha ha

see you soon hopefully.

Cheers

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top