Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

handicaps....any help?

Posted by: user437159 | Thu 8th Mar 2012 21:31 | Last Reply

right, so march medal on saturday! but what handicap? last season i was off 23. i handed in three cards in january and came down to 16. i was told by the club president that it was on the club computer. i went on howdidido a few hours ago and it still says 23?

re: handicaps....any help?
user77012
Reply : Thu 8th Mar 2012 21:53

Its because your hcp won't adjust on Howdidido until your club submits an official comp where you have played off 16 .

user127691
Reply : Fri 9th Mar 2012 12:41

How can you resubmit 3 cards? Thought once you'd got a handicap you couldn't change it only through playing competitions. What if you had gone up?

user356537
Reply : Fri 9th Mar 2012 15:45

Liam, do you play at Stand GC?  If so, I can confirm that the EGU handicap database has you down as being off 16.

user356537
Reply : Fri 9th Mar 2012 15:49

Gary, you have always been able to submit 'supplementary scores' but until this year there were quite a few restrictions in place.  Form January these have been lifted.  Anyone is free to submit supplementary scores although there has to be controls to avoid abuse.  At our club you have to register yourt intention in the pro shop before going out.  If you then fail to submit a supplementary score its an automatic 0.1 back!

Richard

user437159
Reply : Fri 9th Mar 2012 16:07

yes richard, i do play at stand! thanks for your help!

and gary - Richard is right. recently ive been called a bandit several times and entered three supplementary cards, the end result being a 7 shot cut.

user356537
Reply : Fri 9th Mar 2012 20:54

My pleasure, enjoy the March medal.

user437159
Reply : Sat 10th Mar 2012 11:21

teeing off in an hour! round shuould be up later thanks again

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top