Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

your golf swing.

Posted by: user437159 | Wed 7th Mar 2012 18:14 | Last Reply

after a recent post on amateur golf swings, it inspired me to write a post about your golf swing. how did you learn? lessons, book, videos maybe? just abit of feedback for instance i had lessons and partly teach my self now.

re: your golf swing.
user250721
Reply : Wed 7th Mar 2012 18:40

I had a few lessons to start with then went a while watching video and used the range a lot.

Now just started to have a few more lessons as I felt I had taken my game as far as I could without them.

user52922
Reply : Wed 7th Mar 2012 19:16

The last time we played, Matt I did say that I would fix you the next time we play. That is a promise. It is a simple fix.

user437159
Reply : Wed 7th Mar 2012 19:28

how did you learn, John? as i am very interested as i am aware of your amateur success.

user52922
Reply : Wed 7th Mar 2012 19:47

Caversham will certainly open your eyes. It is an extremely good test, way too long for me but your power should see you play well.

It is you who needs to say when, as I am always available.

user451055
Reply : Thu 8th Mar 2012 14:09

I started with lessons from my husband who is a low handicap. I have now signed up with the pro at my club and I get a lesson a month from him. In between I practice for about 3 hours each Saturday (50% long game and 50% short game), try and do 9 holes a couple of evenings a week and then play in the competitions on Sunday and occasional weekdays when I can take time off work.

I spent Nov and Dec last year working out in New Zealand and I got to the course virtually every day for either a round or some practice. I'm hoping that plus all the practice will help get my handicap down significantly this season!

user414746
Reply : Thu 8th Mar 2012 16:55

I am more than willing to be shouted down here, but I took up the game 6 months ago and what I did was pick up my friends 7 iron and I hit it until it felt good then I hit it till I could hit the nets nearby and then hit it until I could hit the nets far away.

Yeah my handicap isn't great, I've been happy taking a +2 to the green in order to play with playable clubs, ones I can hit and feel and want to play with. that +2 is now +1 and I genuinly feel that in 1 year I will be playing a very good level of golf due to this approach.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top