Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

North V South Sunday format

Posted by: user79118 | Tue 6th Mar 2012 18:37 | Last Reply

Only a suggestion, and feel free to hurl abuse at me if you want but as the North V South is a fiercely fought over competition but is also supposed to be about enjoying yourself with 60 to 80 other golfers, how about making the sunday format a 2 man team matchplay scramble? 1/6th combined handicaps would bring the difference in shot allowances alot closer so there could be only 2 or 3 holes that a team gets a shot on plus it's a fun format to play as your generally playing out of the fairway instead of hacking down the rough. Minimum of 6 drives from each player. Don't know if this would work or even if it has ever been played before. Could be another poll coming here Darren or just loads of abuse aimed at me.

re: North V South Sunday format
user38216
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 20:02

Chris, I love your enthusiasm but can we just keep it to a simple game of golf manno v manno!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 20:10

For reference I've grown some gon**s and will be making all the decisions

Joking aside the Monday will be the simple format we've all grown to love and be accustomed to.  If I can get the numbers balanced and people are interested we will also incorporate the Sunday nearer the time.

Also Chris, I'm looking at organising a 27 hole event up your way soon with 9 holes texas scramble in the morning with a 18 hole event in the PM.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 22:00

South is quite clearly part of the GS 2012 Order of Merit as well as the South team meet up

Decisive

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top