Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Which golf clubs should i go for?

Posted by: user414803 | Tue 6th Mar 2012 15:04 | Last Reply

Hi all,

I have only been playing golf again for 8 months. I haven`t really played for the best part of 15 years.  i have been using my very old irons and i want some new ones because i think it will help my game. i am playing off 26 at the moment and i know i can get better and play better.

what would be the best make to go for and look at?  i did hear Taylormade would be good  to go for and they are more for giving.

any advise would help.

thanks

re: Which golf clubs should i go for?
user16106
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 17:03

Matt Ive said the same thing to to same question on here. If you are a normal size bloke then there is load of clubs on ebay. Go for something you will be able to sell on. Callaway, taylormade, titliest, You know the thing. A good buget would be up to £150. Buy a set, try them for half a doz rounds. If you cant get on with them sell them on and you shouldnt lose much if any. Then go for another model/brand. You should find something to suit your needs. Have a try of your playing partners irons on the odd shot also.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user440828
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 21:04

For me the best starter club which i still have in the garage are a set of second hand Ping Eye 2's. These clubs revolutionised the way other manufacturers made their clubs, and paved the way for Ping clubs of today. Made in the 80's these clubs will still set you back in good condition between £90-£100, but worth every penny, as they are so forgiving, for the high handicapper...see you hit shots with confidence...i plummeted from 28 -24 handicap within 3 months use

user414803
Reply : Wed 7th Mar 2012 08:03

Thanks guys for the advise. I have seen a set of irons on e bay for £200. they say they have only been used once and i was thinking of going for them.

Dave - I have played a few shots with my mates Callaway`s down the range and  found that i was hitting the ball nice and straight.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top