Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Slow play....again.

Posted by: user26342 | Sun 4th Mar 2012 22:12 | Last Reply

I'm sat here watching the honda PGA classic where hopefully Rory will win & become the new no.1

he is having to wait on every shot because of the group in front. The main offender in think is Kegan Bradley who has been slow allllllll week.

this has got to be sorted especially in the pro game.

re: Slow play....again.
user40826
Reply : Sun 4th Mar 2012 22:53

Kegan Bradley is hilarious to watch to be fair.  All his twitches, jumps, starting and stopping - makes good watching

It was a bit of a joke that he had to wait after every shot.  Just shows how mentally strong he's become since The Masters last year.  Making that birdie after the Tiger roar on 18, true class.

Here's to Rors winning The Masters in a few weeks time.

user217280
Reply : Mon 5th Mar 2012 10:09

I have to disagree Chris for me it actually ruins the viewing, I want to watch golf shots, not some  twat walking back and forward for ages trying to get the shot pictured in his mind, It becomes  annoying after you have seen it about ten times, and on top of that he keeps spitting not what I want to watch.   

user289859
Reply : Mon 5th Mar 2012 11:03

Keegan hasn't spat in a wihile. I certainly didn't see any last night. The waiting was a bit poor, but around the bear trap, when people seemed to be losing balls left right and centre, it's going to happen. 2 par 3's in 3 holes doesn't help, as players will become bunched.

I honestly do not believe slow play is as big a problem as people seem to be making out. Sure, it would be nice to just walk up to your ball and hit it, however, it's just not going to happen as frequently as people want. waits for the abuse...

user52922
Reply : Mon 5th Mar 2012 16:22

Well, Marthew. it may not have been a problem in days gone by, but now, I'm afraid it is ruining a great game.

user369251
Reply : Mon 5th Mar 2012 17:04

Yesterday in my club's 4BBBS comp, myself and my playing partner were accused of slow play, which infuriated us as half the time we were waiting for our opponents and their trolleys to take the scenic route to the next tee, and the insistence of one of them to always putt out, regardless of score on the hole...I think they were annoyed that we overhauled a 6 point deficit over the last 6 holes

user451055
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 11:42

I get so frustrated when playing partners insist on putting out in BBs or stablefords when they can't score. Fair enough on the first couple of holes but after that pick up and move on.

I once played with someone who wasn't a great player so we were slow because of them taking lots of shots. But to add to the situation they dithered over club selection and kept saying they were inbetween clubs. They wereon a 36 hcp - really, club selection is the least of your worries - just try and hit the damn ball!

They also have an annoying habit of trying to rush everyone but then taking ages over their shots and insisting on putting out when they can no longer score - even after rushing the rest of us!

Grrr.

Slow play on compeition days for us is never going to be solved - there are always going to be people having a bad day mixed with people who don't like letting play through. At the top level though - they really need to crack down a bit - can't see Finchem doing it though!

user38216
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 20:14

Slow play is a nightmate to be honest.   I was in a two ball saturday putting out on the first, a reachable Par 4. As we got tot he second tee the group playing the first were on our fairway, we waited from them to play their approach shots before teeing off as they were in our way. When we walked past they asked us to get a move on. There was no one in front of us and no one on the tee behind them.  We played through the next 2 groups and had been in the club house for an hour when the came up the 18th!!! Premature or what!!! 

user26342
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 20:30

You should have asked them if they would prefer you teeing off over their heads.

we won't have to put up with it for much longer.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 22:52

You boys both regretting the move from Handsworth then?

user26342
Reply : Wed 7th Mar 2012 07:16

Chris, Not that straight forward.

Handsworth at the time we left had hiked it's green fees up to £1100 & the course, especially the greens, were appalling so much that just after we left they sacked the green keeper & got a consultant in.

We joined Halesowen from Oct'11 to Mar'12 for £350 but it was like going from a BMW to a push bike but it kept us playing & with the course closures over winter it worked out financially.

We've been trying out some other local courses & have narrowed it down to either, Sandwell Park GC, Hagley Golf & Country Club or Kings Norton. There all on a par with green fees but their joining fees & practice facilities differ slightly. Got to make a decision pretty quick so we can get in for the 1st April.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 7th Mar 2012 22:25

I've already rejoined Minch. Membership runs with the calendar year there.  Only decision I have to make is if I also join The Bristol on a 5 day membership (includes 7 day on their par 3 course) for £280 for the year.  Deal is through work and it's only 10 minutes away - great for Friday afternoons and summer evenings with colleagues

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top