Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How many?

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 4th Mar 2012 20:22 | Last Reply

Having been denied access to the golf course today by the wife, something to do with looking after our (yes, OUR) daughter.  I decided to put my new found spare time to good use.

The wife had been moaning at me for minutes (OK, months!) about all the golf balls I had in the house.

Well I sorted the lot of them today, the results are......

516 assorted (not Titleist Pro V1 or V1x) golf balls to see if my golf pro will buy them off me.

200 assorted Titleist (not Pro V1 or V1x) golf balls into my practice bag.

68 Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf balls into my shag bag.

20 Titleist Pro V1 golf balls into my clicker tube.

2 carrier bags containing Nike, Callaway and Titleist PTS Solo golf balls. Will give these to my playing partners.

I've got two small pull draw bags containing new or nearly new Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf balls. These are the ones I will play golf with.

And a small bag with the remainder of my Srixon Soft-Feel & Z Star golf balls.

So all my golf balls are sorted, the wife will be happy so the day is good.

Russ

re: How many?
user40826
Reply : Sun 4th Mar 2012 20:26

A day very well spent.  I need to do this soon,but involving the children may not been be seen as 'spending time with them.' 

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 4th Mar 2012 22:01

That's quite funny Russ.  I've had a massive office, utility room, garage clear out this weekend and that also entailed sorting my golf stuff.

I prob had 300+ balls, not quite your 800+

user21179
Reply : Mon 5th Mar 2012 17:02

I have stopped picking up any ball that i wouldnt use, so basically pro vs or pro v xs in decent nick.

i will offer anything else to my playing partners at the time or simply leave the ball where it is.

This way i avoid the need to hold more than about 15-20 balls at a time and also spend time with the kids LOL

user38216
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 20:20

Pick em up, take on the practice field, smash em and leave em!!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top