Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Favourite Golf Training Aid

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 1st Mar 2012 11:49 | Last Reply

Curious if anyone's got a favourite training aid they use in practice or for golf in general ?

I'm currently using a Golf Band as part of a fitness regime but using specifically for rotation and stretching.  Very difficult to really say but have noticed around a 10 yard gain with my irons.

I also have an Aim-Mate I use at the range for alignment which is a pretty versatile product.

I've not tested so can't comment but there are also a few other new products on the market specifically focused on the swing, consistency, rotation and power:

• Power Hip Rotator
  • MySP Golf Training Aid

re: Favourite Golf Training Aid
user26342
Reply : Thu 1st Mar 2012 13:06

Darren,

Which colour did you opt for?

Have you had any mishaps where your left foot has come off the ground & the band has come up & slapped you in the face? cryinghttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/cry_smile.gif" title="crying" width="20" />

user246626
Reply : Thu 1st Mar 2012 17:07

Just use allignment sticks.And since i started using them down the range my accuracy has got alot better.

user26342
Reply : Thu 1st Mar 2012 21:31

Darren,

maybe a demo at the season starter or the nvs?

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 2nd Mar 2012 08:13

Matt, I couldn't work out what the Ultimate Swing Trainer did  from the website ?  Looks very similar to the Extra 20 Yards ?

John, yep I'll give you a demo   I've never had any mishaps as I'm really only using for rotation of the upper body and not any other stretching stuff.  Similar to this pic

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 2nd Mar 2012 08:15

This is a another pretty neat training aid to help cure a slice plus getting you hitting down on the ball

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/2047/Impact_Solutions_For_Golf.html

user249902
Reply : Fri 2nd Mar 2012 09:32

i use a v-easy. a three in one training aid that helps with alignment, chipping and putting. personally i only use it as a putting aid, it helps stop the wrists from breaking.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top