Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Noob from Bristol

Posted by: user449768 | Tue 28th Feb 2012 20:52 | Last Reply

Good evening everyone. My name is Mike and as you can tell by the clue in the title im from bristol. Ive taken up golf again after a 4 year absence due to work and back problems but hopeing to get back to playing regularly. Im not a member anywhere but there are some great pay and plays locally so not looking to join anywhere just yet. . Im in at the deepend as im off to play the Belfry for a weekend at the end of march so lots of practice needed. 

re: Noob from Bristol
user246626
Reply : Tue 28th Feb 2012 21:04

Welcome Mike and welcome back to the best sport around. I live just down the m5 in gloucester so if you ever fancy a round just let me know and im sure we could arrange something.

Adam

user449768
Reply : Wed 29th Feb 2012 08:37

Thanks for the replies gents.

@ Adam Baldwin. Will have to get a few rounds under my belt but wold certainly look into arranging something. i live in portishead so im easy access to the m5

@Matt Simmons. Im taking it very easy at present, lots of  core strength workouts but im probably only looking at a couple of rounds a month at present

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 29th Feb 2012 09:15

Welcome back Mike. I work at Airbus so know portishead well. I play every friday with a couple of guys from work, usually at The Bristol or Thornbury. I would recommend Woodlands as a good place to ease yourself back into it. I'm a member at Minchinhampton (just outside Stroud) and if ever you want a game there let me know.

user441440
Reply : Wed 29th Feb 2012 14:46

Welcome to the site Mike. I am a relative newbie as well! I am playing the Belfry at the end of March too, over the weekend of the 31st / 1st. Which course / courses are you playing?

user449768
Reply : Wed 29th Feb 2012 21:30

@Chris Perry. I used to play  every sunday morning at thornbury many years ago, and my first ever round was played at woodlands. Infact my last round around 4 years ago was woodlands so ive got a soft spot for the place. 

@Mark Williams. Im playing the same weekend the 31st March. Theres 8 of us going and were playing the PGA National on saturday and Derby on sunday. I was hoping to ease my way in and play it the other way around but couldnt get the tee times. Oh well im stocking up on balls cheekyhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/tounge_smile.gif" title="cheeky" width="20" />

user367382
Reply : Fri 2nd Mar 2012 01:30

Hi Mike, I am a Bristol based golfer myself. I was a member at Knowle for the last few years but have taken a year off due to other commitments meaning I can't justify the membership this year.

Will be using this to get a chance to play other courses in the area so would be up for playing some rounds with yourself and any other locally based golfers.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top