Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

New clubs

Posted by: user449402 | Sat 25th Feb 2012 22:26 | Last Reply

I have restarted playing 2 years ago after 20 years lay off I have been playing with used calaway big bertha set which were ok but I recently tried Diablo edge driver / fairway and hybrid and was so impressed I am considering a full set new any advice will be taken seriously and will be much apreciated. I am currently playing off 22

re: New clubs
user106712
Reply : Sat 25th Feb 2012 23:13

I find callaway woods and hybrids are easy to hit and very long. But the irons feel a bit clunky, I prefer the feel and forgivness of ping g20 irons . Thats if you are looking for forgiving irons that are long and straight.

user38216
Reply : Sun 26th Feb 2012 10:26

Brian, they really don't make bad stuff any more, see what suits your eye and feels right in your hands.

user78137
Reply : Mon 27th Feb 2012 17:24

Hi Brian

If you are investing in new equipment you are far better to seek the advice of your local professional.  Or even somewhere like American Golf who will asses your swing & advise which are the best shafts/clubs for you.

David

user21179
Reply : Mon 27th Feb 2012 20:04

Brian

My advice for what its worth is

1 - Dont spend anything on clubs until you have had a few lessons with a pro that you understand and get on with.

2 - wait for his advice and look to buy second hand if you can. (new shiney sticks dont stay that way for long)

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top