Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Frustrated!!

Posted by: user323021 | Fri 24th Feb 2012 23:17 | Last Reply

Hi, thought i would share my pissed off ness lol! I consider myself average golfer, i hit a few good round on the bounce and quickly came down from 17h'cap to 14.2 h'cap! over the moon i was, but i think each time since then i have gradually gone back up, i know its harder to keep playing well each round, but stupid things creeping back in to my game such as topping a ball ten yds, then i start thinking bout hitting a bad shot then next shot rubbish!!!!! is this normal, am i over thinking it?? or do you think its physcological?? the daft thing is as soon as i finish a bad rnd i want to play again??  

any reply would be welcome guys cheers

re: Frustrated!!
user16106
Reply : Sat 25th Feb 2012 09:43

Lee a player only plays to his/her handicap 1 in 10 rounds ( i believe ) and over the autumn and winter months its even harder to play to it. Soggy fairways, winter mats,cold damp air, bare aprons and soft bobbley greens dont make it any easier. There will always be the odd duff shot in a round be it a top , fat, thin or the dreaded armitage. The better you get the less of these duffs will be apparent. The spring is now coming, thats the time that good scores are to be had. Nice fairways, flat greens, warm air. All good signs. Keep plugging away and this could be the season of your first sub 80. I say that every year but this year could be it.

Good luck. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: Frustrated!!
user410273
Reply : Sat 25th Feb 2012 10:53

Don't expect too much of yourself. Have a look at the pga and European tournament scores. There'll be well known pro's who for several weeks on the trot will not break par, or throw in a real howler of a round. It happens at all levels.

Typically with relatively new golfers, or those whose handicaps are starting to drop, they will see their handicaps go down in plateau like steps. They get a cut then yo-yo around that mark for a while, then get a another good round in and another cut. And so on it goes.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top