Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

The what if ?

Posted by: user77012 | Mon 20th Feb 2012 11:21 | Last Reply

What if you were playing in the club championship tournament finals and the match was even after 35 holes. You had the honor and
hit your ball two hundred fifty yards to the middle of the fairway, leaving a simple six iron to the pin. Your opponent then hits his ball, lofting it deep into the woods to the right of the fairway.

Being the golfing gentleman that you are, you help your opponent look for his ball. Just before the permitted five-minute search period ends, your opponent says: "Go ahead and hit your second shot and if I don't find it in time, I'll concede the match."

You hit your ball, landing it on the green, stopping about ten feet from the pin. About the time your ball comes to rest, you hear your opponent exclaim from deep in the woods:

"I found it!". The second sound you hear is a click, the sound of a club striking a ball and the ball comes sailing out of the woods and lands on the green, stopping no more than six inches from the hole.

Now the real "what if" in this story......

What if you had your opponent's ball in your pocket?

re: The what if ?
user338942
Reply : Mon 20th Feb 2012 11:37

Have you been watching Goldfinger over the weekend??  haha.  Would be quite a story, but I think you'd know you had the same book of tricks and laugh it off....

user24437
Reply : Mon 20th Feb 2012 12:26

I'd probably wake up, I've never hit a drive 250 yards straight down the fairway.....

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 20th Feb 2012 13:55

I'm with Tim on this one.....

What's a fairway? 

And who hits a golf ball straight?      

Russ

user26342
Reply : Mon 20th Feb 2012 14:55

School boy error, I'd have waited until the 5 mins were up before playing anymore shots!!

user250721
Reply : Mon 20th Feb 2012 20:10

I would have been in there with him............looking for mine. 

user410273
Reply : Mon 20th Feb 2012 20:37

Under those circumstances I'd be in the woods for the full 5 mins helping him look for it. I've had it happen where you just can't find it but you walk away then get a shout that he's found it and he's got a wood out. You know there's no way he can get a wood to something that must have been a few inches down in thick grass!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top