Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

which handicap?

Posted by: user437159 | Sun 19th Feb 2012 18:19 | Last Reply

a similar question was askeed a few weeks ago but whcih handicap should i use? my club handicap is 23 (not played in a comp since august) and my golfshake handicap is 14.7. only asking as ive been accussed as a bandit a few times

re: which handicap?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 19th Feb 2012 18:27

Unfortunately club handicap wins everytime, this is your 'official' club handicap that cannot be disputed by any club affiliated into the same handicap scheme.

Various views on the flaws of the club system and you've have high lighted this perfectly given you play better than your 23 but haven't played a club comp since Aug.

We'd never let you in a Golfshake comp unless you played off the 15 though  

user437159
Reply : Sun 19th Feb 2012 18:36

haha it's not totally my fault. at my club you have to be single figures to play in the mens comps - therefore im only allowed to play in junior comps and our season ends in august because of school

user123290
Reply : Mon 20th Feb 2012 13:40

My club handicap is 19, golf shake is 14 but like you I rarely play in club comps. I use my GS handicap when playing with my mates but any official club comp it has to be your club handicap 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top