Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

handicap

Posted by: user410324 | Sun 19th Feb 2012 16:23 | Last Reply

is my golfshake handicap recognised by congu

re: handicap
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 19th Feb 2012 16:37

CONGU provide the handicap system used in GB&I and which is only issued if you are a member of an affiliated golf club.  Thus the term 'official' with handicaps is generally reserved for club handicaps.

The Golfshake handicap is provided using a system not to dissimilar but because you are not playing to the conditions of the CONGU system ie club competitions then we obviously do not provide an official CONGU handicap.

The Golfshake handicap is widely recognised and accepted at courses around the world as proof of your playing ability.  If you are looking to use for Open Club competitions then these by design are for visiting club golfers thus require an official CONGU club handicap.

Hope this helps.

re: handicap
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 19th Feb 2012 17:18

Hopefully the answer above answered the query.

In terms of clubs and cliub not accepting then this is a list of some of the top prestigous clubs that will and won't when one of our US members checked a few years back.

Worth noting the 3rd on will not accept list will now accept the GS handicap  

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1376/Will_clubs_accept_the_golfshake_com_handicap.html

Main reason for the others not accepting is the min 18 handicap requirement and awareness of what Golfshake does, something I am working on.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top