Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Coaching and golf day

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 17th Feb 2012 22:53 | Last Reply

I have arranged a truly stunning event for our GolfShake members.

Speaking to the golf professional at Stapleford Abbotts GC we have come up with a great day.

Why not get your golf season off to a flying start?

This is what the day involves:

09:00 - 09:45 Arrival, registration and introduction

09:45 - 10:30 Putting

10:30 - 11:15 Chipping and pitching

11:30 - 12:00 Bunkers

12:00 - 13:00 Lunch (ham, egg & chips)

13:00 - 13:45 Long game

13:45 Golf (18 holes of golf on the Abbotts Course)

Your teacher on the day will be our resident golf professional Stephen Bryan. Stephen has had `teaching articles published in Today's Golfer and Golf World. He has a wealth of experience and should be able to improve your game.

Just imagine how much you lower your handicap could be if you were to shave one putt of each round of golf you play.  You get your chips closer than you do now, with less duff shots.  Your pitching gets you on the green instead of in the greenside bunker.  You don't struggle to get your ball out of a bunker.  And you can keep your golf ball in play.  It's worth the price just to shave a couple of shots off your handicap isn't it?

The cost for this day is £50.  This includes all the coaching, lunch and a round of golf.  Bear in mind that a round of golf on the Abbotts course for visitors is £42, you can see what a great price this is.

There are two dates, Saturday 21st April 2012 and Sunday 27th May 2012.  If the demand is there I will try and arrange extra dates.

Both these dates are in the events section, under the title 'Coaching and golf day'

Each event is limited to ten people.

I hope you can join me and the weather is good!

Russ

Last edit : Mon 20th Feb 2012 10:37
re: Coaching and golf day
user250721
Reply : Sat 18th Feb 2012 20:18

Russ, what a great idea/offer. I'm going to try and get along, when does he need to know by??

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 18th Feb 2012 20:20

Matt S, that is the only problem, the distance involved for some people.  Shame I couldn't get such a great deal on some overnight digs!

There are plenty of travelodge, premier inn type places close by.  If two or three of you travelled together it might be worth it!

I've had a few people interested, but to be honest at that price, and for what you get, I would have expected to be fighting people off!

Hopefully, when more people have a chance to read this post I might get a few more takers.

Russ

Last edit : Sat 18th Feb 2012 22:14
Reply : Sat 18th Feb 2012 22:16

Matt H, both days are already posted in the events section. Just add your name to the game you want to join.

If you are not certain that you can make a day then you will have to take your chances and hope there are places left when you know, sorry!

He suggested a minimum of six people, which makes it worth them doing the deal.  So as long as I have six names down for the day it will take place.

Russ

Reply : Sat 18th Feb 2012 22:17

Sorry, I forgot to mention that these two days are posted on other golf website.

So don't be worried if you only see one or two names down for a certain day, there could be people from other websites who will be joining us.

Russ

Reply : Sat 18th Feb 2012 22:40

Matt S, if you decide to attend the Sunday event and you do decide to stay over I'd be happy to take you out for a round of golf on the Saturday afternoon. 

The M25 isn't that bad on a weekend normally!

Once you decide put your name down for the day, and if you fancy a game the day before let me know.

Russ

Reply : Mon 20th Feb 2012 13:53

When I set up these two days I sent invitations to all my friend on GolfShake.

This meant I had a long list of people's names for each day.

To make things easier for me I removed all my friends from these two days.

This doesn't mean they cannot attend, it just means I can easily see who is coming on each day.

Russ

Reply : Sat 3rd Mar 2012 21:26

Still places left on these two events.

Russ

Reply : Sun 18th Mar 2012 22:42

Now is the time to get your name down for these two events.

If I don't get enough names for each game I will have to cancel that event.

This would be such a shame as these days are a fantastic opportunity to improve your game ready for the new season.

If you are thinking of attending one of these days then please put your name down.

Russ

Reply : Tue 20th Mar 2012 13:30

I was at a committee meeting last night at the golf club.

The course manager told us they had a deal with the Premier Inn at Brentwood.

So for those of you who would like to attend one of these coaching days but thought the drive was too much, now you've got somewhere to stay at a reasonable rate.

If you're interested let me know and I'll try and find out how much the room would be.

I've just been on the Premier Inn website and they are offering a double room for £39 per room. they are available now.

Russ

Last edit : Tue 20th Mar 2012 13:37
user389585
Reply : Tue 20th Mar 2012 17:02

i would be in but from edinbrgh is realy far.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top