Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Making the golf course reviews more useful

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 17th Feb 2012 18:32 | Last Reply

I've done a number of updates recently to improve the information provided within the golf course section and in particular the club pages. This is mostly data presentation but the reviews have now also been updated so that reviews can be ranked hopefully improving what appears at the top plus have today rolled out a new update that gives a rating overview

Not only does it now show the overall rating but aggrates and provides an overview of all reviews and rating for the other parts

re: Making the golf course reviews more useful
user209897
Reply : Sat 18th Feb 2012 20:29

if your taking suggestions on how to improve the course review bit, i would say dont remove honest reviews of courses because the're not complimentry, just sayin...

Last edit : Sat 18th Feb 2012 20:29
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 18th Feb 2012 20:42

Mally we don't.  So long as the reviews are not to closley linked to a golfers performance on the day then the honest reviews are always the best.

There are system in place to check for abusive, malicious, defamatory & potentially unlawful reviews but in general all reviews stay.

Last year we updated the system to allow reviews to be liked or disliked which in theory brings the better reviews to the top.  Which hopefully improves relevancy.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 18th Feb 2012 21:33

Nice work Darren, I like it.  Easy for anyone to see the general feeling of a club at a glance.  I know you do some changes that are subtle or we think "why the hell did he do that?" cheekyhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/tounge_smile.gif" title="cheeky" width="20" />, but this is a positive one that enhances that area of the site in my opinion

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top