Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Back 9 blues.

Posted by: user437159 | Tue 14th Feb 2012 15:37 | Last Reply

Played 18 today at Manor golf club. with it not being a long course i was surprised that once i reached about the 15th i felt extremely tired. it was quite flat too - not many hills either anyone else suffering the back 9 blues? or is it just me again

re: Back 9 blues.
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 14th Feb 2012 16:11

18 holes is a long time to play golf.

Eat something to keep your energy levels high, and they do recommend that you drink something every other tee.

Russ

user38216
Reply : Tue 14th Feb 2012 19:24

In these weather conditions you should not be tired after 15 unless you have been playing army golf and walked a very long way. If you carry get a trolley and maybe work on fitness and food/drink intake through the round.

user437159
Reply : Tue 14th Feb 2012 19:26

I do carry david so that adds to it aswell - how do you mean by 'in these weather conditions'?

user249902
Reply : Tue 14th Feb 2012 19:44

I would guess it's to do with the heavy going, wetter ground makes walking more tiring. As posted above have a drink, i carry a bottle of squash and swig regulary, also if there is a halfway hut then get a sandwich or snackbar to help conserve your energy.

Last edit : Tue 14th Feb 2012 19:45
user52922
Reply : Tue 14th Feb 2012 20:06

Are the young of this country that unfit that they cannot get round a golf course without food and water. Good thing we haven't got National Service now, they wouldn't last a day.

user437159
Reply : Tue 14th Feb 2012 20:30

i can assure you J.P that the majority of us are not unfit, with the exception of a few. i, myself am fit enough to get around a course with ease. i began the topic today, wondering if anyone had experienced being tired towards the end of a round. today was the only time i felt like this as it was a new course and it wasn't in the best condition. please, dont this comment the wrong way.

user338942
Reply : Tue 14th Feb 2012 22:14

As per my post the other, I'm taking on the 4 course challenge later this year - 4 rounds at 4 courses in a single day.  Done 2 rounds plenty of times without drama.  Can see it being a mental challenge as well as physical. 4am - 9/10pm of solid golf, going to be a fun day!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top