Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

new driver help

Posted by: user437621 | Fri 10th Feb 2012 23:13 | Last Reply

hiya looking to get a new driver anyone got any sujestions of what driver to get not bothered about the make of club thanks

re: new driver help
user437159
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 23:16

i highly recommend the mizuno jpx800. i have had much success with it. i was a poor driver with little distance and now i hit the ball quite far and straight (sometimes!)

user16106
Reply : Fri 10th Feb 2012 23:53

Hi Bradley, What driver & spec have you got at the mo?

Why do you want to change? Budget?

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user38216
Reply : Sat 11th Feb 2012 13:53

Try the one that you like the look of first as confidence is important, especially with the big stick.  But most of all go for a fitting when you have a shortlist of preferred models.

user338942
Reply : Sat 11th Feb 2012 14:22

best thing to do - go to a golf shop with your budget and hit all the drivers in your price and see what your most comfortable with

user437621
Reply : Mon 13th Feb 2012 00:57

i just got a cheep one out of jjb when the shop was closing down as i dident play much back then but playing alot more hense why i want a new driver

user24437
Reply : Mon 13th Feb 2012 01:07

My approach may not be to everyones liking, but I've tried a few drivers in my time and have finally got something I'm happy with.  I'm not a big hitter, so basically decided on a head shape I liked and used Dave Leys experience and went with his recommendation for a decent shaft.  So I've got an old, unfashionable Ben Hogan CS3 10.5° head and a Aldila DVS60 Regular shaft.  After scouring e-bay for bargains it probably worked out at about £90 all in with the shaft fitting.  It's done wonders for my accuracy and get a decent length out of it - obviously not up with the big hitters but good enough for me.

user26342
Reply : Mon 13th Feb 2012 10:42

I just got a bargain, I bought the  new titty 910 D3 fitted with the rayon fubuki tour 63 regular. Retails for around £310 & I got it for £229 if i don't get on with it I will sell it on at either a profit or cost. The shaft retails for around £120!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top