Skechers GO GOLF Torque Twist Review
REVIEW: Skechers Go Golf Torque Twist
Review by Golfshake Ambassador Rob Cross
For 2020, Skechers has revealed the new Torque Twist, which rather than using traditional laces deploys an adjustable Twist dial front closure for a perfect fit, while it offers complete waterproof protection courtesy of a synthetic upper that features a unique rain jacket construction of moulded panels.
Additionally, a low drop design helps keep the foot low to the ground in a neutral position and the high performance Ultra Flight & Goga Max cushioning has been introduced to deliver comfort.
Tech Details & Construction
- Skechers H2GO waterproof protection
- Waterproof design with 1 year warranty
- Smooth synthetic upper with nearly seamless design
- Moulded rubber grip bottom plate
- Ultra-lightweight, responsive ULTRA FLIGHTcushioning
- Skechers GOGA MAX technology insole for high-rebound cushioning
- Replaceable Softspikes for maximum grip
- Spikes are replaceable using Softspikes Stealth PIN system
- SOFTSPIKES is a registered trademark of SOFTSPIKES LLC
- Smooth synthetic upper with leather-look finish
- Contrast coloured side designs
- Twist dial precise adjustable front closure for ideal fit
- Soft fabric shoe lining
- Cushioned comfort insole
- 3/4 inch heel
I have lost count of how many people who have commented; "Those shoes look great!" The shoes really do look great! The outside is smooth and has no real detail, which gives it a real clean classic look. This shoe boasts a laceless twist system, giving a modern look.
I am amazed at how light this shoe is, not just the actual weight of the product, but when they are on your feet, they feel light. At the same time, they feel sturdy enough to be used for numerous rounds, offering support around the whole foot. I have had a few pairs of Skechers and they really offer the best support on the back of the shoe, where the heel/Achilles goes.
This shoe is the first time I had without laces, the twist system is great, I love how easy it is to loosen the shoes, literally one twist, also no laces flapping around or slipping loose is a real bonus. Performance wise, the shoe ticks all of the boxes for me, it's light (super light), and the soft spikes give you great support in all conditions. Finally being waterproof, these are able to be worn all year round.
Light, laceless, with a fantastic look. Great price and as always with Skechers a solid product.
I'm struggling to think of anything! The lace lovers among you might miss tying laces?
The Bottom Line
Great all round shoe, I have worn for numerous rounds in all conditions, including 36 holes in one day. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for new shoes.
For more information, visit the Official Skechers Website.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)