Testing Callaway Chrome Soft & Chrome Soft X
For 2020, Callaway has launched its newly engineered Chrome Soft & Chrome Soft X golf balls, both of which have received significant investment for the season ahead, expressing itself through notable changes in manufacturing in an effort to drive even higher standards and push the boundaries of technology.
During 18 holes at the stunning Aviara Golf Club in Carlsbad, California, Golfshake's Kevin Paver had the opportunity to play both golf balls, spending time with Callaway's Content Manager Owen Davies, who explained the background behind the design process, and the differences between the Chrome Soft & Chrome Soft X.
Both are Tour Balls and have been re-engineered for this year, but there are key distinctions. They have been created to deliver greater distances and enhanced feel, however, the X has a larger core, making it ideal for those golfers with more explosive, faster swing speeds. Ultimately, like always, it's a case of testing and finding which best suits your game, an exercise that Kevin was able to experience during his round in America.
Features of the Chrome Soft
- Larger Graphene-Infused Dual SoftFast Core for Increased Distance
- Consistent Speed and Penetrating Ball Flight From a New High-Speed Mantle System
- Incredible Feel and Spin control From a Thinner Urethane Cover
- Longer Distance and Consistent Trajectory From Optimised Aero Design
Features of the Chrome Soft X
- Large SoftFast Core Increases Speed and Distance
- Maximum Ball Speed and Consistent Spin From a New High Speed Dual Mantle System
- Exceptional Feel and Spin Control From a New, Thinner Urethane Cover
- Longer Distance and Consistent Trajectory From New Optimised Aero Design
Price & Availability
The Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X have an RRP of £39.99 per box, and will make their way to retailers on the 2nd of April.
For more information, visit the Official Callaway Website.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)