Playing the 17th Hole at Carnoustie
Ahead of The 147th Open Championship at the famed Carnoustie Golf Links, we are taking you onto the ground of the Championship Course to showcase the challenge that awaits the game's best players. Renowned for its testing closing trio of holes, which are set to define who lifts the Claret Jug on Sunday, the 16th, 17th and 18th combine to create what is perhaps the Greatest Finish in Golf.
Having played the difficult par three 16th, players will turn in the opposite direction to face the par four 17th, which features the famous Barry Burn, asking serious questions of the golfers from the tee. Golfshake's Owen Davies takes on this testing hole to provide you with a touch of added insight behind what to expect when this year's Championship gets under way.
How would you play the 17th? Maybe you have done before. Let us know your experiences!
The oldest & most prestigious major, a trip to The Open is a must for every golf fan. From tickets and transfers to hospitality & golf, Golfbreaks.com can build the perfect package to help you experience The Open in style.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
PLAY MORE PLAY BETTER - LATEST TUITION TIPS
Leave your comments belowcomments powered by Disqus
Latest Golf News
- Record Crowds at Carnoustie Set Up Open Extravaganza at Royal Portrush
- Newfound Ryder Cup Optimism for Europe after Open
- Carnoustie is the Real Winner at the 147th Open Championship
- Inspired Francesco Molinari's Journey to Become the Open Champion
- Magnificent Molinari Completes Italian Job to Make History at Carnoustie