PING G400 Fairway Wood Review
PING have announced the launch of their all new G400 range of drivers. fairway metals, hybrids, crossovers and Irons. The new range aims to help golfers maximise ball speed, hit the ball higher and bring in dispersion for better results.
So how have PING achieved this?
By using Mararging Steel in the G400 Fairway woods and Hybrids PING have been able to reduce the thinness of the face meaning that golfers will achieve up to 2 mph more ball speed and gain 6-8 yards as a result . That has been coupled with an increase in MOI following weight saving and a straighter ball flight as a result.
PING have also move weight back in the head by using a tungsten port and this has created a higher ball flight.
Shaft options include:
- Graphite shafts ALTA CB 55 (Soft R, R, S, X) - RRP £240
- Premium graphite shafts PING Tour 173-65 (R, S, X), PING Tour 75 (R, S, X) - RRP £240
- Aftermarket premium shafts Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver DC TiNi 60 (R, S, X) - RRP £300
- Aftermarket premium shafts Grafalloy HZRDUS Yellow 75 (5.5, 6.0, 6.5) - RRP £300
- Aftermarket premium shafts Aldila X Torsion 65 (R, S) - RRO £300
Right & left hand, lofts: Stretch 3, 3, 5, 7, 9, 3 SFT, 5 SFT, 7 SFT
PING Tour Players react to new G400 Fairway Wood >>>
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)