Four Week Chipping Programme: Week 1 - The Chip and Run
Although the chip and run shot may look straight forward and simple to play, however the wrong execution or poor strike can result in a whole host of problems around the green.
Phil Akers, a senior teaching professional at the Belfry believes this is an incredibly important shot for any amateur golfer to have in their locker. Phil has a few tips to help you practice and perfect this shot type.
- Club selection is crucial, avoid high lofted clubs and instead choose lower lofted wedges or low-mid irons, for example Phil is using an 8 iron in this video.
- Stance is also important, making sure you are narrow with the ball placement in the centre favouring the right side.
- Keeping your hands forward through the shot so you do not add loft to the shot.
- Making sure you swing at a controlled and consistent pace.
Phil Akers believes that all of these factors will help you improve this delicate shot to improve your short game shots around the green.
Watch the complete 4-week chipping programme from Phil Akers - Click here
Phillip Akers is the Senior Coach at The Belfry and he is experienced in coaching all levels of player, specialising in Junior Development and Elite level coaching. Phillip measures, tweaks and tests his clients performance using Trackman and high speed video analysis whilst providing tangible results using Strokes Gained data.
Golf Pro: Phil Akers
Phillip Akers is the Senior Coach at The Belfry and he is experienced in coaching all levels of player, specialising in Junior Development and Elite level coaching.Latest Articles
- Four Week Chipping Programme: Week 4 - Find the Average Game
- Four Week Chipping Programme: Week 4 - Your Own Short Game Handicap
- Four Week Chipping Programme: Week 4 - The Ladder Drill