New Bridgestone Golf Driver, Woods & Hybrids
Bridgestone Golf have announced the launch of a series of new clubs with the release of the new J715 & J815 Drivers, J15F Fairway Woods and J15H Hybrids - which includes technology that helped Matt Kuchar, Brandt Snedeker and Fred Couples win on Tour over the last four years.
Bridgestone Golf has applied its extensive Tour performance expertise to produce premium clubs designed to be custom-fitted and adjusted to meet the needs of each individual player. There are several key technologies and modifications evident in the new clubs designed to increase ball velocity, produce higher launch angles and improve versatility.
Bridgestone Golf J715 460 Driver
The first driver to be introduced by Bridgestone since 2010, the J715 460 Driver incorporates no fewer than four new technologies designed to maximise distance and accuracy off the tee, including the ability to adjust the crucial loft and lie settings:
- The Fast Action Speed Technology (FAST) crown is extremely thin near the clubface and thickens progressively towards the back of the club head to enable the crown to flex slightly at impact – thereby creating a higher launch trajectory and increased velocity;
- A Power Milled Face featuring a patented pattern addresses the issue of ‘ball slippage’ found on some drivers and maintains the ball’s position of impact to enhance the quality of compression time, so reducing the spin (200-300 rpm’s according to robot testing) for straighter and longer drives;
- Spin Flight Control Technology involves moveable weights on multiple axes in the heel and middle of the club head, so the golfer can customise the centre of gravity for the desired degree of spin and trajectory;
- Finally, the Variable Adjust System enables the golfer to change both the loft and lie angles on the driver – the loft up to 1° (closed & open) and lie settings of standard, 1° upright or 2° upright.
Bridgestone Golf J815 Driver
The J815 Driver is another adjustable model ideally suited to golfers looking for more solid ball-striking off the tee. Like the J715, it boasts Power Slit Technology for greater ball velocity and a strong trajectory, but it has a more rigid sole design to gain higher ball flights by generating a 10% lower spin rate that gets the ball airborne and flying further. The larger head shape of the J815 is designed to boost confidence at address, while extra volume in the heel improves ball strikes.
Both drivers offer 9.5° and 10.5° loft options and come with a Mitsubishi Fubuki™ ZT shaft and custom yellow Golf Pride® Tour Velvet™ grip as standard. Available from selected customer fit centres from March, the J715 and J815 drivers will each have a RRP of £349.99.
“Bridgestone Golf drivers have always had a strong reputation and the J715 and J815 models are without question the best drivers we’ve ever made,” said Steve Kettlewell, MD of Bridgestone Golf UK & Ireland. “They’re in keeping with the Bridgestone brand philosophy of launching new products only when there is genuine innovation available to benefit a golfer’s game and this also applies to the latest line of fairway woods and hybrids.”
Bridgestone Golf J15F Fairway Woods and J15 HY Hybrids
Both the new J15F Fairway Woods and J15 HY Hybrids benefit from design innovations that optimise ball flight and add greater distance from various lies. The improved distance and versatility attributed to the clubs can be attributed to the following key technologies and modifications they share:
- The proprietary FAST Crown technology composed of high strength AM355 Maraging steel that is exceptionally thin near the clubface and thickens progressively towards the back of the club head. The resulting flex at impact creates a higher launch angle and a spring-like effect to deliver impressive ball velocities;
- The Hyper Stainless 455 Steel Face used to manufacture the clubfaces of both the fairway woods and the hybrids is the thinnest face ever produced by Bridgestone Golf at 1.8mm for maximum velocity within the rules;
- An adjustable Weight Port Technology in the sole of both clubs allows the golfer to influence the level of spin and trajectory for maximum distance and control;
- A reduced heel profile is delivered by removing material from the heel ensuring less drag in all lies for greater versatility, while the back sole of the club has been lowered to streamline the design and create a sweeping action when coming into contact with the turf and enhancing playability from any lie.
The J15 Fairway Woods will be available from selected custom fit centres from March in 13.5°, 15° and 18° loft options and come standard in the Fubuki™ Z Fairway shaft and custom yellow Golf Pride® Tour Velvet™ grip at a £199 RRP.
The J15 Hybrid comes in loft options of 17°, 19°, 21° and 23° with the same shaft and grip as the fairway woods at a RRP of £159.
For more information about the new Bridgestone Golf clubs visit www.bridgestonegolf.co.uk
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
comments powered by Disqus