Cobra Golf Releases New KING Putters For 2024
COBRA GOLF has unveiled two new ranges of putters for 2024 in the form of the redesigned VINTAGE series that features several enhancements, including a soft PEBAX face insert and the adoption of LA GOLF's Descending Loft Technology. The Vintage models have been joined by an upgraded group of 3D PRINTED putters.
LA GOLF’s patented Descending Loft Technology offers players four planes of loft, descending from the top to the bottom (4, 3, 2, 1) in one-degree increments. This unique design ensures an optimal launch on every stroke, while producing unparalleled end-over-end roll performance.
A noteworthy enhancement to COBRA’s VINTAGE Series is the incorporation of a new soft PEBAX insert. Crafted from a lightweight and responsive TPE (thermo-plastic elastomer), this insert provides a remarkably soft feel at impact, offering an alternative to the firmer aluminum face insert found in COBRA’S 3D PRINTED putter line. The VINTAGE Series further introduces a fully MIM (metal injection molding) 304 stainless steel construction with machined detail and continues with adjustable sole weighting, empowering golfers to personalise their putter with a choice of five different sole weights (5g, 10g, 15g, 20g, 25g). This customisation can be effortlessly achieved with a simple turn of a screw, allowing players to tailor their putter to their unique preferences.
“The new VINTAGE series is aimed at players looking for precision manufacturing and advanced technologies with a more traditional look and soft feel,” said Jose Miraflor, VP Marketing & Product Architecture at COBRA GOLF. “We’re excited about the new softer response PEBAX insert and think players will be equally excited once they try it.”
The COBRA VINTAGE Putter series for 2024:
- SPORT 40: Plumber neck blade with 40-degrees of toe hang.
- WIDESPORT: Face balanced, oversized blade with single bend shaft for face balanced performance.
- NOVA: Face balanced, fang-style mallet with three alignment lines.
- NOVA-30: Fang-style mallet with slant neck, 30-degrees of toe hang, and three alignment lines.
- STINGRAY: Face balanced mallet with single bend shaft and single alignment line.
- STINGRAY 30: Fang style mallet with slant neck, 30-degrees of toe hang, and single alignment line.
- CUDA: Face balanced mallet with single bend shaft and three alignment lines.
- COBRA’s VINTAGE Putter Series promises a perfect blend of classic aesthetics and cutting-edge technology, providing golfers with an exceptional putting experience.
COBRA GOLF's upgraded lineup of 3D PRINTED putters showcases innovative designs and new technologies that redefine the boundaries of advanced performance.
Building upon the success of the original KING 3D PRINTED putters, the new collection introduces a range of models that boast a lightweight, 3D Printed cartridge, crafted with HP Multi Jet Fusion Technology. This cartridge not only allows for optimal weight and mass property redistribution but also contributes to an enhanced sound and feel.
In collaboration with LA GOLF, COBRA integrates a milled 6061aerospace grade aluminum face insert featuring the patented LA GOLF Descending Loft Technology. This unique technology provides players with four planes of loft, descending from the top to the bottom of the face (4, 3, 2, 1) in one-degree increments. This unique design ensures an optimal launch on every stroke, while producing unparalleled end-over-end roll performance
The technological advancements in the 3D PRINTED lineup extends into a multi-material construction featuring a carbon fiber crown, 3D printed lattice cartridge, a milled 6061 aerospace grade aluminum face insert, and metal injection molded (MIM) body made from 304 stainless steel. The exceptionally high MOI design reduces face twisting and improves stability on off-centre hits. Additionally, the 3D PRINTED line introduces adjustable sole weighting, offering players the flexibility to customise their putter's head weight and feel with five different weights (5g, 10g, 15g, 20g, 25g) that can be changed effortlessly.
“Cobra was the first company in golf to utilise 3D Printing in golf club and putter design,” said Jose Miraflor, VP Marketing & Product Architecture at COBRA GOLF. "Our new 3D Printed family is the most advanced yet and sets the standard for putter technology and performance."
The COBRA 3D PRINTED family for 2024 includes reimagined models such as AGERA, AGERA RS, AGERA RS-30, AGERA Counter Balanced, AGERA Armlock, SUPERNOVA, SUPERNOVA-20, GRANDSPORT-35, and GRANDSPORT Armlock. Each model is meticulously crafted to cater to different player preferences and stroke type.
The COBRA 3D PRINTED family for 2024:
- AGERA: Full size mallet with single bend shaft for face balanced performance.
- AGERA RS: Compact version (15% smaller footprint) of the AGERA with single bend shaft for face balanced performance.
- AGERA RS-30: AGERA RS with a slant neck design and 30-degrees of toe hang.
- AGERA CB: Counterbalanced version of the full size AGERA at playing length of 38” and longer 17” SuperStroke grip.
- AGERA AL: 41” armlock version of the AGERA with more upright lie angle and heavier clubhead.
- SUPERNOVA: Fang style mallet with single bend shaft and face balanced performance.
- GRANDSPORT-35: Traditional plumber neck blade with 35-degrees of toe hang.
- GRANDSPORT AL: 41” armlock version of the Grandsport with more upright lie angle and heavier clubhead.
The COBRA 3D PRINTED Putter Collection, priced at £299, comes standard with a SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol 1.0 Grip with SPYNE technology and a KBS CT Tour 120 (170 for Armlock) shaft.
The new putters will begin pre-sale on January 23rd and will be available at retail and online on February 23rd, 2024. For more information, please visit www.cobragolf.com/en-uk.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
comments powered by Disqus