PAYNTR X 004 RS Spiked Golf Shoes Review
REVIEW: PAYNTR X 004 RS Spiked Golf Shoes
PAYNTR GOLF's X 004 RS Spiked Golf Shoes have followed the brand's principle of creating products that are deeply grounded in the biomechanics of the golf swing.
These shoes also establish several firsts in the marketplace. X 004 RS is the first spiked golf shoe with a carbon fibre propulsion plate for maximum responsiveness and speed through impact. It is also the first ventilated spiked shoe which allows perspiration to escape through the midsole and outsole to ensure comfort in all playing conditions.
Finally, these shoes are the first on the market to feature Softspikes Tour Flex Pro spikes.
Naturally, with all of that information, Golfshake Ambassador Mel Davies was thrilled to get his hands on them for a comprehensive test and review.
- Carbon fibre propulsion plate allows golfers to harness ground reaction forces more effectively and bring more speed to the ball.
- Clarino Trivela microfiber upper delivers lightweight support, water resistance and breathability.
- Three-dimensional moulded PMX - Fit heel counter hugs the back of the foot for a snug, supportive fit.
- TPU outsole, with FastTwist insertion system, delivers traction in three dimensions for the life of the shoe.
- New Softspike’s Tour Flex Pro spike with three degrees of traction and 10 points of contact for course proven grip.
- Ventilated dual density PMX Foam midsole provides maximum energy return and ultimate under foot comfort.
- Neverwet superhydrophobic solution offers non-wicking and water-resistant protection.
- Clarino tongue with stretch support offers supreme foot lockdown to provide lightweight, breathable support.
- Moulded and removable footbed features an open cell foam which compresses less than 5% over the life of the shoe - so cushioning, fit, and comfort never change.
All I can say is PAYNTR have produced a fantastic looking spiked shoe. With two options of grey and black or white and black (I had the white and black) you have a great choice no matter what time of year. I personally love the clean design of the shoes on the top and the really great looking undersole.
I think the mix of black spikes at the front and red at the back to match the red and black undersole is a brilliant look.
The 004 are the most stable and comfortable spiked shoes I’ve had the pleasure to review/wear. They felt really comfortable straight from the box and I can honestly say I’ve not had the slightest issue at all when wearing these. When I come off the course my feet feel almost like when I started the round.
Not once in the 10+ rounds that I’ve played since receiving the shoes have I felt anything less than 100% stable through all of the shots I’ve played, in all the varying conditions on all the different lies. I didn’t think I would be able to wear anything spiked that feels as comfortable as spikeless but PAYNTR really have achieved what I thought was unthinkable. The spikeless shoes I reviewed before from PAYNTR (002) were very comfortable and these are right up there with them.
Look fantastic with two great colour choices. Feel fantastic from the off and as stable as you’ll wish to find. I really can’t recommend these enough.
I cannot find even the slightest thing to say negatively about the 004 shoes.
The Bottom Line
If you want comfort, stability and unrivalled performance (in my eyes) then these are the shoes for you. No matter what the condition of course or the stance you need to take for the shot, these will not let you down one bit. At a price (£169.99) that is below the so called big brands why wouldn’t you give these a try? Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
For more information and how to buy, please visit PAYNTR.
What do you think? leave your comments below (Comments)
comments powered by Disqus